MaxLife 150K is not a myth

I bought a jug of 5W20 and I've actually touched it. It exists. LOL. Sending a sample in for a VOA. Will report back when it arrives.
ML1505W20.jpg

They've had it at Meijer for like a year now, a few people have already posted about buying it and using it.
Any UOAs or VOAs that you're aware of?

Never heard of Meijer, but it looks like the closest one is only 500 miles away. :) I've never seen it in a brick and mortar establishment. Bought this stuff from Amazon.

Educate me.
Question, if this oil stops/slows oil burning [ not talking about leaks ] why don't all oils have this ability? What's the trade off?
Given that the same company produces PBR, they know how to integrate a cleaning function (rather than a keep clean function, which is traditional formulation) into a lubricant. This is likely via the inclusion of a quantity of esters to provide a bit of cleaning capability, hopefully to free-up stuck rings. Mobil does the same thing with some of their Mobil 1 products (M1 0w-40 for example) though doesn't advertise it much.

Given that the same company produces PBR, they know how to integrate a cleaning function (rather than a keep clean function, which is traditional formulation) into a lubricant. This is likely via the inclusion of a quantity of esters to provide a bit of cleaning capability, hopefully to free-up stuck rings. Mobil does the same thing with some of their Mobil 1 products (M1 0w-40 for example) though doesn't advertise it much.
Interesting explanation. IMO it would be a delicate task to incorporate cleaners strong enough to free piston rings and seal swelling additives in the right balance where you don't have problems. If it was strong enough to free up piston rings, I imagine it would clean the rest of the engine as well. Perhaps someone has experience with this. And Maxlife is cheap too.

Interesting explanation. IMO it would be a delicate task to incorporate cleaners strong enough to free piston rings and seal swelling additives in the right balance where you don't have problems. If it was strong enough to free up piston rings, I imagine it would clean the rest of the engine as well. Perhaps someone has experience with this. And Maxlife is cheap too.
It's likely that they replace other additives that would work as seal conditioners with esters, which also can clean. AN's for example, which Mobil also uses for additive solubility, I don't believe do any cleaning. POE on the other hand, which can also provide that function, does, but also has the issue of swelling seals at higher concentrations. So, yes, it's a balancing act, you use some "dryer" base oils and use more ester content to provide your solubility and seal conditioning, and in doing so, add some cleaning capability.

Any UOAs or VOAs that you're aware of?

Never heard of Meijer, but it looks like the closest one is only 500 miles away. :) I've never seen it in a brick and mortar establishment. Bought this stuff from Amazon.

Meijer is who Walmart copied with their Super Centers.

What is up with threads like this recently???

Is there an issue with this thread?

Is there an issue with this thread?

It just seems interesting how we are having multiple new threads pop up recently with subjects that have been thoroughly discussed but the creators don't seem to be aware of that fact. I got my first black bottle Valvoline nearly a year ago as many others have reported doing, just because you like awareness about something doesn't mean it does not exist.

Back