No threads about Valvoline Maxlife Plus 150K?

I was perusing Valvoline's website for something else when I came across Valvoline Maxlife Plus 150K oil. A search didn't turn up a thread, although it did turn up a post that said it was mostly solvent refined, so that doesn't sound good.

I was hoping these would not be resource conserving but it appears they are. They also claim to have some kind of extra-special Moly additive, if I had to guess it would be just that it had a 250ppm shot of moly to beef up the crappy base oil.

The 10w30 has an HTHS of 3.2 per their data sheet so slightly higher than usual? Also 11.0 CST

5w30 also 3.2 HTHS, 11.0 CST

In case anyone actually wants to use 5w20 in a 150K+ vehicle

Overall I don't see a big use case for these but would probably use if they were priced well enough and my stash was depleted. I can see this being a good marketing ploy for WalMart customers. But, the Valvoline website only lists Meijer as a B&M that carries it. Otherwise have to buy from Amazon or direct.

I've seen it online but price wise it's absurdly overpriced. Think i saw a jug going for $33. Not worth it for a meager syn blend. The only redeeming factor is the nice looking jug.

Valvoline made something like this years ago. It was specially formulated for a niche market, the clearance table.

1685987451377.png

Hard to find that Valvoline 150k mile oil….

Only in store place that sells it I know of is Dollar General. And it’s darn near $7.50 a quart not on sale now…

Back