Matco in 2022

how are these guys even surviving… what do they have to offer anymore? decent boxes and smooth talk?

wrenches look like they’re were industry leading.. 20 years ago

cobras at 3 times the price

microwaved copy pasta launch scanners

impact sockets same as everybody else’s

their poverty brand is just straight up walmart home depot specials.

just some of the things i can think off the top of my head

Except their tool boxes.....Everything is rebranded. While Cornwell makes some sorry tool boxes.....But there in-house forged hand tools are quite good, Though their pliers are rebranded Channel lock

I vote for Matco & Cornwell to merge;)
Cornwell impact sockets suck. They are too soft and wear out quickly. Warranty don't cover wear. Just broken. I have a drawer full of them that are useless.

Except their tool boxes.....Everything is rebranded. While Cornwell makes some sorry tool boxes.....But there in-house forged hand tools are quite good, Though their pliers are rebranded Channel lock

I vote for Matco & Cornwell to merge;)
i have never ever ever seen a cornwell branded tool. must be a regional thing like SK, speaking of brands nobody buys…

Cornwell impact sockets suck. They are too soft and wear out quickly. Warranty don't cover wear. Just broken. I have a drawer full of them that are useless.
Send them to me.....I'll get them warrantied for you! I have a set of Cornwell 3/8" deep impact wobbles & have been stellar, I've had to warranty the 13mm & 15mm once over a 20 year period.

All my 1/2" drive impact stuff is Snap-on & they wear out too, But I wouldn't say quickly. My Semi Deep 15mm Impact Wobble, Semi Deep 18mm Impact Wobble, & Shallow 21mm Impact Wobble get the most use & last 18-24 months.

For deep & shallow 1/2" drive sockets....I use Chrome Snap-on most of the time.....On a Impact. The wear characteristics are much better. I have deep Chrome 15mm, 3/4", 21mm, & 7/8" sockets that live on my cart & I beat the snot out of them.....They last 7-8 years before getting worn. never had one crack & cut my hand off either.

i have never ever ever seen a cornwell branded tool. must be a regional thing like SK, speaking of brands nobody buys…
We have all the tool truck brands here, Though it's been awhile since since I saw the SK truck around. There's at least 3 Cornwell routes in Fort Worth which probably ranks ahead of Mac in the area, 2nd going to Matco, Of coarse there are more Snap-on dealers by a large margin.

Snap On, Mac, Cornwell, Matco, SK... Just too many companies selling tools out of trucks these days. Something anyone can go to most any store and buy. And those trucks aren't exactly fuel efficient.

Some ideas start out good, but either outlive their time, or too many get into the market. Or operating costs get out of hand. In this case, I suspect it was a healthy dose of all of the above. Salt it all over with a horrible economy, that includes skyrocketing prices on everything from gasoline to dog food, and something's got to give.

I like them pretty well. Not as much as Snap-on for certain things but they are good overall. Their drill bits are amazing especially the stepped ones. Screwdrivers are a bit soft compared to other brands but still alright. Wrenches I’d pass on Matco though the price is way more affordable than Snap-on. We recently just got Matco back at work after they kicked them to the curb a couple years ago. I will continue to buy them. As much as I hate to say it their service is better than Snap-on in my area because you never know if our dealer will show up or not. If the Matco guy won’t be here he will let you know.

broke this in 5 days of work

need to get it warrantied, mail in of course
Interesting, people I know who have them including myself like them. Maybe you got a dud, either way mailing it in for warranty sucks.

Back