Marshal (Walmart) Winter Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just installed a set of these 2 nights ago... They looked really well made and had a nice tread pattern for a cheap Winter tire.

Anyone try these on ice and snow? Dry or wet roads?

Nice to see value brands this well made, just wondering about on road performance for future reference and general knowledge.

Thanks!

Any link?

I normally buy at least decent, name brand tires. But, my experience has been that even cheap snow tires are miles ahead of all-season tires in winter weather.

When I used to live in Iowa I bought snow tires. I now live in an area that doesn't get enough snow to justify snow tire.

Originally Posted By: Falken
No, Korea. Read they may be owned by Kumho...

Got a pic of them and the tread?

I've used enough winter tires to repeat the mantra, "The worst winter tire is better than the best all-season."

Having said that, if they are not severe snow and ice rated or have the mountain top with the snowflake symbol, I'd probably pass on them and spend the few extra dollars.

Having said THAT, kudos to you for stepping up and spending the money to help keep us all safe on the roads.

Is this brand a Canada Walmart only thing? I don't seem to see that brand on the website, or at least I can't find it.

364~v~Marshal_KW19.jpg

This them?

Really don't have any info except hands-on and visual inspection to say they are awesome. The grey-black would suggest nasty amounts of Silica (good), and they had a kick butt sidewall... These tires were beefy.

They were pulled brand-new from a client's trunk to be installed on rims and balanced.

Would have loved to joy ride them on various conditions to give you guys a write-up. I'd chance spending the bucks on them.

For the record I run very good Yokohama IG-20s, but out of the sake of BITOG curiosity I thought I'd add my .02$ to spark a thread up for anyone shopping for Winter rubber and my own curiosity.

These tires have to be seen in person to be appreciated as a value WM tire... I was blown away. And they balanced like a dream.

Thanks Eljefino you found them that was them... Great tires, even had red circles to mark the belt overlap for balancing.

I think if you pick these up you get Kumho sleepers, just hoping for a user to chime in.

Thanks Quattro

It was the I'ZEN WIS KW19.

These tires piqued my interest. If you are really looking for a set of cheap Winter tires these may be the ones. Amazing build quality.

And studdable too for extreme weather.

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
I've used enough winter tires to repeat the mantra, "The worst winter tire is better than the best all-season."

You forgot the key words. In winter conditions.

Many winter tires are cruddy on wet and dry roads which is the majority of my winter. There are a few stars that do well. I hope these do you real well.

Originally Posted By: Rand
those are zigzag sipes common on many winter tires.

But not exclusively on winter tires... my Michelin LTX's are covered with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back