Mail question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd bought a record off eBay for $8 (seller has 100% feedback). After over two weeks the tracking status still says "Status pre-shipment". I contacted the seller and he said it probably got lost in the mail and refunded me last night. What do you all think?

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 6.42.29 AM.png

Never trust anyone from Channahon.

File a claim with Paypal (edit:see you got refunded). Sellers are to provide shipping that uses USPS Tracking Numbers, or they are at fault. He never shipped it; if he had he wouldn't have refunded your money before trying to get reimbursed from USPS.

USPS is terrible. They lost an extremely important envelope with documents last week (was found afterwards, postman forgot to put in my mailbox). No, they lost another package, several days the status says "in transit". Will be contacting seller today for a refund/new shipment. I'm not going to deal with them idiots

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Never trust anyone from Channahon.

File a claim with Paypal (edit:see you got refunded). Sellers are to provide shipping that uses USPS Tracking Numbers, or they are at fault. He never shipped it; if he had he wouldn't have refunded your money before trying to get reimbursed from USPS.

That's what I wonder too,that he had seller's remorse? It was a fairly valuable 1960s garage rock 45. I'm definitely going to watch his page to see if it gets re-listed.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
I'd bought a record off eBay for $8 (seller has 100% feedback). After over two weeks the tracking status still says "Status pre-shipment". I contacted the seller and he said it probably got lost in the mail and refunded me last night. What do you all think?

I bet you'll still receive the record. If it was sent media rate, parcel post or first class then it's probably down the priority list as far as the post office is concerned. The PO has a contract with the other shippers, UPS and Fedex, to make their final deliveries in certain areas which can take priority over those lower rates also. Sometimes tracking means nothing and a package will be delivered before it even shows up as received by the shipper. I've had it happen more than once as both a seller and buyer.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by funflyer
Originally Posted by tmorris1
He refunded you, so who cares?

The OP cares, he would like to have the record.

Well he refunded you, so my guess is he won't be getting it and would start looking elsewhere for one.

I've heard of some people who randomly post items on eBay from their local craigslist. When they get a buy, they go ahead and purchase the item on craigslist and ship it.

I had a similar issue recently. I purchased an eBay item on Wednesday. A USPS label and tracking number were created saying its expected delivery day was Friday of the following week. Then... nothing. No tracking updates, no apparent movement. Even the morning of delivery day USPS said they are still awaiting it to arrive in their system. I sent the seller a, 'Hey what gives?' email and an hour later USPS showed it was on the truck being delivered with a reply from the eBay seller asking me what I was talking about. I have no idea what that was all about.

USPS tracking is absolute garbage. Wife sells used books all the time and the USPS tracking site is rarely updated.........even after actual delivery.

Originally Posted by 28oz
USPS tracking is absolute garbage. Wife sells used books all the time and the USPS tracking site is rarely updated.........even after actual delivery.

So your wife gets to use the USPS Book rate (much cheaper than ANY other carrier), and you're complaining? USPS gives more useful tracking information than FedEx does.

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz

So your wife gets to use the USPS Book rate (much cheaper than ANY other carrier), and you're complaining? USPS gives more useful tracking information than FedEx does.

Wasn't complaining, just stating. Sometimes the customer is curious, though, as to why the tracking isn't updated. Sheesh.

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz

Wasn't complaining, just stating. Sometimes the customer is curious, though, as to why the tracking isn't updated. Sheesh.

If a company is going to offer tracking services then they should do it right and not half arsed.

USPS is a nightmare by me. What I find particularity bothersome is that the Amazon Prime packages they deliver often are marked delivered in hand and that is not the case at all. Sometimes they aren't delivered until the next day.

Wow, rough crowd today. What was in those Cheerios this morning?...LOL

He either didn't ship it or it never got scanned at USPS. Was it worth a lot more than $8?

Its the USPS, most likely. I have 2 packages stuck at various places and every day it tells me that it is on the way to the destination but then shows up a processing exception. The local PO doesn't care, so finally called USPS today. After an hourlong wait, I was told they will open an investigation.

Originally Posted by BISCUT
USPS is a nightmare by me. What I find particularity bothersome is that the Amazon Prime packages they deliver often are marked delivered in hand and that is not the case at all. Sometimes they aren't delivered until the next day.

Go to subreddit for USPS, you will learn a lot. I spent the whole morning reading many subs. Since the packages must be delivered by the date, the system automatically marks them delivered so that they don't get the ire of Amazon. The mail people seem really fed up but the way USPS is funded ( or pulled money from), it seems nobody at USPS can do much about it. I personally give a pass to the USPS if its Amazon package.

Originally Posted by MoneyJohn
Originally Posted by BISCUT

Go to subreddit for USPS, you will learn a lot. I spent the whole morning reading many subs. Since the packages must be delivered by the date, the system automatically marks them delivered so that they don't get the ire of Amazon. The mail people seem really fed up but the way USPS is funded ( or pulled money from), it seems nobody at USPS can do much about it. I personally give a pass to the USPS if its Amazon package.

Yeah sub-reddits are always true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back