Magliner Gemini Hand Trucks

I would like to buy a high-quality Hand Truck and was advised to consider a Magliner. Specifically, the Magliner Gemini series.

There are a lot of available options. Primary use will be for moving items around the garage and furniture for houses. The idea of a convertible truck sounds appealing, but I am not sure how useful it is real life.

Any guidance/opinions are welcomed.

First question is if you’ll really get $350 of value out of it. It will take up space, get in your way, etc…

First question is if you’ll really get $350 of value out of it. It will take up space, get in your way, etc…
I can get it for low-mid $200's. HF equivalent is $70 so this is 3x the cost.

I have space for it, but obviously, less is always better. Several times a year, I wish I had one.

Michael, I bought the $100 convertible hand truck at Costco. Very well made. I waited for it to go on sale for a year I think. No luck.
I also have the small fold up model that does most everything and comes along in the Tundra when necessary.

We use one which was fitted with 3/4" plywood, used with 4 wheels on the ground to transport equipment into elevators for work in NYC high rise residential properties. It is worth its weight in gold. We found the cheaper units don't hold up as well.

Go for it. It will last you a lifetime.

I recently fitted my $29 HFT one with $45 worth of non-pneumatic tires off Amazon. It's every bit of a $74 unit now!

Back