Luke Perry. RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course smoking is a risk factor for both types of strokes, bleeding and clots.

Other than that, A-Fib is a typical cause of strokes in younger people.

It is easy to blame lifestyle, however, I had trouble with A-Fib as a young, fit and healthy man. A virus was related. While the cause was thyroid levels, the initiating factor was getting the Epstein Barr virus which resulted in Hashimoto's autoimmune thyroid failure, along with an infected heart, spleen, and dis regulation of the HPA axis, calcium uptake and eventual mitochondrial dysfunction.

Epstein Barr virus and 1000 other viruses and diseases making their way across our country.
Another reason why I only vacation here in the USA.

Affordable jet travel 4-5 decades ago and the humongous increase in imported goods, brought all these afflictions to our country. Once they arrive, next-to-impossible to get rid of them.

I think Luke Perry (real name) is the first of the Beverly Hills 90210 relatively same-aged gang to croak.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
I didn't watch 90210 but it gave many of the cast a springboard into Hollywood movies.
For most of them, the 90210 series was their biggest accomplishment. I'm not aware of any of the 90210 cast who made it big in Hollywood afterwards.

Originally Posted by Cujet
Perry did a series called "Jeremiah" that was quite good. Absolutely nothing like the 90210 fluff.

He was a better actor than someone who only knew him from 90210 might have thought. Okay, he had the James Dean resemblance, and his Dylan McKay character started off as a Dean clone ("Mad, bad, and dangerous to know . . . that's me"). But he aged well. In the .gif that SirTanon posted, he looks authoritative and effective, and he seemed at ease and at home as Archie's dad on Riverdale. And wasn't there a prison drama, Oz, where he had a continuing role for a while?

I'd have cast him in a modern day urban fantasy as a werewolf, perhaps a descendant of Lon Chaney's Lawrence Talbot, with his lycanthropic disorder controlled by modern meds, who finds himself battling other supernatural entities. (Hey, not a bad idea . . .)

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
I didn't watch 90210 but it gave many of the cast a springboard into Hollywood movies.
For most of them, the 90210 series was their biggest accomplishment. I'm not aware of any of the 90210 cast who made it big in Hollywood afterwards.

Sadly -- as much as I liked the original 90210 -- that's true. Shannen Doherty: aside from Heathers and Charmed, not much. Ian Ziering: the Sharknado movies. Jennie Garth: a WB sitcom with Amanda Bynes, and recreating her Kelly Taylor character on the 2000s version. Jason Priestley: went into directing (? no; race-car driving!). Tiffani-Amber Thiessen: several sitcoms and drama series. Brian Austin Green (aside from marrying Megan Fox and dating Tiffani-Amber T. and Vanessa Marcil): the Terminator series, et al.

I think none of them vanished from sight, but none became a household name/superstar.

Originally Posted by Cujet
Perry did a series called "Jeremiah" that was quite good. Absolutely nothing like the 90210 fluff.

Right, I watched it on Hulu. Post-apocalyptic sci-fi thing. Also had Malcolm-Jamal Warner of Cosby Show fame. Good show, I thought they were both really good.

As far as his passing, 52 looks awfully young to a 60-year old like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back