Lucas UCL

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter ended up with a large bottle of this for her high mileage car. Is this stuff worthy to use? Or is it pure snake oil? Harmful? (I searched, but am looking for fresh opinions on Lucas UCL) Thanks!

It works fine as an UCL, it's just not the best product on the market for the price... Won't do any harm, but won't really do much either. It is good to lubricate your fuel pump etc.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Will it clean your fuel injectors ?

I have used UCL in the past and it had helped gas mileage slightly.

No, it's just an oil and not a cleaner as far as I know

The bottle claims to clean injectors. It even has an abstract picture of a "clogged" spray vs. and "cleaned" full spray. I'm just a little skeptical how effective it really would be vs. GumOut, etc.

Prob. because it softens deposits with the oil in the Lucas UCL. A more effective cleaner is any injector cleaner that contains PEA. Then you could follow up with a UCL to lubricate the injectors after the cleaning... I don't think the Lucas really cleans injectors...

I have used it and still have a large bottle in the garage. I really do not think that it works well cleaning out fouled injectors-it may keep them clean but does not really help if they are partially plugged.

If you want to clean up her injectors in a tank or two, I would buy the Chevron product.

Originally Posted By: fito
I have used it and still have a large bottle in the garage. I really do not think that it works well cleaning out fouled injectors-it may keep them clean but does not really help if they are partially plugged.

If you want to clean up her injectors in a tank or two, I would buy the Chevron product.

or B&G 44K

I was lucky to buy 16 bottles of Redline Injector Cleaner on closeout for $2.40 per bottle from AAP.

I use one bottle every 20K miles to keep things clean, I don't know about any decreased emissions cause the state of FL stopped testing about 12 years ago.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I cleaned a completely clogged injector using Amsoil PI.

well stevie,you da man!! what else can i say?
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back