Lucas Oil Stabilizer...???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,

I've seen Lucas Oil Stabilizer at the local parts store. It seems to be very thick...maybe not quite as thick as STP. What advantage is there in using this additive, if any? Does it do anything more than thicken the oil so that an old engine will burn less and perhaps run quieter?

Does absolutely nothing but thicken your oil up into goop. There are no additives at all in Lucas.

Don't believe me? Check out the VOA section.....

English Slop to be exact!
LOL.gif

–verb (used with object)
1. to make or hold stable, firm, or steadfast.

lmao, Nice choice of words Lucas! Well played.

It works great for me. BITOGers say that it foams up, and refer to some video on the web as scientific proof, but when I check my oil there is no foam on the dipstick. When I peer into my valve cover I see no foam.

My car's running like a dream right now with one quart of Lucas and two ounces of Tufoil in Lucas 5W20 syn oil.

The only use of this stuff is to control burning or consumption in an older engine. Even then, I think I'd use STP, Restore, or something BarsLeaks over it...

Originally Posted By: nascarnation
This stuff is seriously profitable. If you need any evidence, check the $$ to sponsor Lucas Oil Stadium here in Indy.
No doubt. But it's profitability to the consumer is in ignoring it.

It's strange how BITOGers will all band together against a product.

One person will claim to have in-depth knowledge of a product, and will claim that it is garbage, though that person has never used the product.

Then all other BITOGers will come in and try to be cool and fit in by bandwagoning against the condemned product that's not been used by any of these BITOGers.

Then when one person comes in and says "Hey, I use it, and my car's running like a striped ape!", this person is mocked as gullible and foolish, and that his experiences with his own car are simply psychological and in no way based in reality.

Originally Posted By: Hethaerto

One person will claim to have in-depth knowledge of a product, and will claim that it is garbage, though that person has never used the product.

Then all other BITOGers will come in and try to be cool and fit in by bandwagoning against the condemned product that's not been used by any of these BITOGers.

Then when one person comes in and says "Hey, I use it, and my car's running like a striped ape!", this person is mocked as gullible and foolish, and that his experiences with his own car are simply psychological and in no way based in reality.

There was a study ON THIS SITE performed a number of years ago by the site owner IIRC showing that Lucas caused excessive aeration of the lubricant during use.

The lubricant in question was gear oil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Hethaerto

Or folks post mass generalizations based on hypothetical situations being played out to support an opposing viewpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back