Lucas Oil Stabilizer...???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using the new version of LOS, the synthetic based stuff. I wonder if the synthetic host oil has any useful additives in it?

Using a 20W50 oil sounds like a good idea, that is, if the extra oil thickness is really all that's going on with the LOS.

A striped ape runs really, really fast. I'm not sure what a striped ape actually is, it's just an expression I heard my father say all my life, and I always knew exactly what he was trying to say.......whatever he was talking about was performing like a striped ape. :D

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
Originally Posted By: Hethaerto
Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
There is nothing in the elemental analysis. That's a fact that is a good basis for asserting it's worthless or worse.

Now, do YOU have some facts that justify it's use?

My car's running like a striped ape.

Wow, that's very scientific and quite conclusive.

And you're criticizing our analytical approach?

I'm criticizing how so many BITOGers are really just bandwagoners with zero knowledge of oil just trying to fit in and then go on slinging mud and insulting people because they think that the resident oil experts at BITOG will accept them and pat them on the back for condemning someone that utilizes oil additives.

Can we all agree that LOS actually does help oil cling to metal and stay on the topside of the engine whereas untreated oil will quickly drain back to the oil pan?

If we can agree on this, can I say that maybe this clinging ability would be very helpful when utilizing ARX? If ARX is able to be delivered to the topside of the engine more easily, and then be able to stay there long after the engine is shut down, would ARX then be able to perform a more thorough cleaning of the topside of the engine?

Can we all agree that LOS actually does help oil cling to metal and stay on the topside of the engine whereas untreated oil will quickly drain back to the oil pan?

If we can agree on this, can I say that maybe this clinging ability would be very helpful when utilizing ARX? If ARX is able to be delivered to the topside of the engine more easily, and then be able to stay there long after the engine is shut down, would ARX then be able to perform a more thorough cleaning of the topside of the engine?

I've likely over-posted this pic on here but anyways:

This engine hasn't been run in FOUR years now:

rockers.jpg

I still see lots of oil on everything.

It's that clinging that would prevent Auto RX from working. That's why you can't use an oil with esters in it when you do an Auto RX clean and rinse phase.

Tack vs cling is part of engine and lubricant design.

I'm shure you want to mess with that balance.

If I ever need to lube the top end of some little slow moving plastic gears at room temp, I'll be shure to check Lucas out.

"I still see lots of oil on everything."

I don't. I see tiny pools of oil collected in spots that resist drainage. Very clean, though.

Last edited:
I don't. I see tiny pools of oil collected in spots that resist drainage. Very clean, though.

Each rocker has oil in it (look closely) and there is some sitting on top of the valve springs.

What you can't really see is that there is a FILM of oil on EVERYTHING. And that is after FOUR years of sitting.

Oil is just M1 5w50 IIRC, nothing exotic.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
It's that clinging that would prevent Auto RX from working. That's why you can't use an oil with esters in it when you do an Auto RX clean and rinse phase.

I thought LOS had nothing in it? Now it's got esters in it?

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

Each rocker has oil in it (look closely) and there is some sitting on top of the valve springs.

What you can't really see is that there is a FILM of oil on EVERYTHING. And that is after FOUR years of sitting.

Well, I think that's great! :)

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

Well, I think that's great! :)

So do I
grin2.gif

I was quite elated when I pulled that valve cover.

You completely missed what I said. Esters cling to metal, and will prevent the deposits from being cleaned off as easily. If the Lucas clings to the metal, it will also prevent the deposits from being cleaned off.

You completely missed what I said. Esters cling to metal, and will prevent the deposits from being cleaned off as easily. If the Lucas clings to the metal, it will also prevent the deposits from being cleaned off.

I hear you, but I really don't think I've got a giant blob of oil gelled on my engine surfaces. :D It does circulate.

Additives, are junk!!!, why add uneccesary minerals to your oil.

1)When advertised as a performance additive-it makes your oil thicker to boost oil-presure. But can be harmful on new engines that are tighter tolerance and require a thinner weight oil.

2)For older engines that leak. If your engine is leaking that bad-the engine is shot.

Originally Posted By: dennisny
Additives, are junk!!!, why add uneccesary minerals to your oil.

1)When advertised as a performance additive-it makes your oil thicker to boost oil-presure. But can be harmful on new engines that are tighter tolerance and require a thinner weight oil.

2)For older engines that leak. If your engine is leaking that bad-the engine is shot.

So I guess my car's new performance is all just in my head?

Originally Posted By: FZ1
No,man. Some of us just refuse to stick foreign objects in our oil pans.

Let me guess.....you've used ARX before.

Auto RX is made of esters. Esters work great in and as oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back