Lubro Moly "Oil Protect"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nikola
And of course they are zi Germans so why complain about their English

Why not? Look at those meat heads.
LOL.gif

I find pretty interesting that many people here argue that mos2 additives are not good, hype or whatever...whereas BITOG website explicitly mentions the opposite here: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/moly.html

Motor Protect is based on MoS2, it uses a colloidal suspension of MoS2 which according to the above link is something that works. If MoS2 additives are now bad, please update the information on this website...... I personnally have used LM MoS2 Gearbox oil additive in my manual synchronized transmission for the last 50'000km despite the fact many people here have warned MoS2 was not good for synchros operations. All I can say is that I'm pleased with the results and will certainly use this product again for my next oil change which is due soon. I'm more interested in people who manufacture great additives than those who speak good english. Greetings from Switzerland (right next to Germany for those who don't know)

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Quote:
Our Motor Protect contains organic Molybdenum, which is different from that in Cera Tec.

That statement is nonsense, since Cera Tec does not contain any moly. Then again, the whole reply sounds like it was written by Hans who forgot most of his 5th grade English. I better send them an email and complain.
grin2.gif

You're correct. Hans meant to type "Our Motor Protect contains organic Moribundman"

kilou said:
I find pretty interesting that many people here argue that mos2 additives are not good, hype or whatever...whereas BITOG website explicitly mentions the opposite here: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/moly.html

Motor Protect is based on MoS2, .................Greetings from Switzerland (right next to Germany for those who don't know)[/quote

Good point if Moly DiSulfide is a sinister additive then Moly Basics should be updated accordingly.

I know when I first read that section I wanted to go out and buy some Moly and add it to my engine.

If Moly DiSulfide is not recommended any longer by BITOG please address this and make it clear what the section is about.

Perhaps a short preface on the in's and outs of Moly as undertood today if that se3ction is out of date. I have now come to the conclusion the only Moly that should be added is what the blender put in the oil.

Last edited:
i've found a guy on ebay selling moly additive in powder form (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230322622700&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123). i asked about the particle size and he claims that "the um is small enough to go through any standard oil filter made." i know TS moly lubricants sell powder moly in 3 grades: technical, technical fine and super fine. anyone have any insight on this stuff? i'm looking to add a small amount to the CVT (gearbox) of my can am renegade atv. i've read favorable reviews from other owners who have added small amounts of schaeffers moly e.p. treatment, but i can't seem to find it locally, and online retailers want 3-4 times the price of the product to ship it. anyone have any input? thanks

Originally Posted By: kilou
I'm more interested in people who manufacture great additives than those who speak good english.

Grüezi, kilou! Wenn die Quatsch schreiben dann ist das doch total unprofessionell. Salut!

moribundman Grüezi said:
We just don't see the proofs of what they say on the box but it doesn't mean LM say wrong or stupid things. Castrol advertised one of its synthetic oil (Edge) as providing 8x more wear protection than Mobil 1. This is what's written on the box but we don't see the results. However I don't think many people here would claim that Castrol products are bad. This is just pure marketing, it's certainly not wrong but usually these kind of results are very limited in interpretation. Unprofessional, yes maybe, but others just do the same. I'd say that in the additive market, LM provides a lot of information and actually it's one of the few manufacturers whose products are tested independantly (like TüV certifications for LM products etc). This TüV certification is an "efficiency" certificate but afaik it's not a certification of non nocivity.....but at least they are a step ahead of the concurrence.

Just added their CeraTec in my engine, couldn't resist to try out :) Did the oil change in my tranny today too, with 2 tubes of their gearoil additive as recommended by their responsive support team. All I can say is that the last 50'000km on this additive in the tranny were great so I go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back