Lubro Moly "Oil Protect"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used it once. I highly doubt it pays for itself.

www.liquimoly.de

MOTOR PROTECT

- reduces friction and wear
- reduces oil and fuel consumption
- stable under high thermal and dynamic stresses
- increases smoothness and reliability
- proven performance with catalytic converters and turbochargers
- economical due to long-term effectiveness

Fully synthetic engine-oil additive. Significantly reduces wear. High-pressure antiwear additive forms a very thin layer on friction pairs inside the engine. The layer has ductile and lubricating properties and is effective for at least 50,000 km. The advantages are as follows: ˜ Significant reduction in wear ˜ Longer service life for the engine˜ Reduced fuel consumption and pollutant emissions due to the energy conserving effect ˜ Optimum engine performance and quieter running.
Operational area: The product is added to the fresh oil AFTER oil changes. 500 ml is sufficient for up to 5 litres of engine oil. Even adding the product to special low friction fully-synthetic energy-conserving oils reduces wear by a further approx. 35%. With longterm effect for 50,000 km (keep to the oilchange intervals stipulated by the manufacturer).

I didn't notice it did anything but I didn't get any lab work done on the oil so that's no surprise. The stuff is TUV approved which I think means that TUV agrees that the product meets its claims. There was a nifty little pamphlet with the bottle showing the results of this stuff.

This stuff is flippin expensive! I think I payed $17 for it at Advance Auto Parts. It would have to do a heck of a lot of good to make it worthwhile. Maybe it does in the right applications but I don't know.

I don't know about the boron question.

Thanks Jag. Actually I chasing an oil consumption with my 388k miles Civic and I'm getting a special brew from RLI taylored for my specific application, but I'm always looking for info vs hype. Sort of like my still-born Cermax test. Boy did that stir up a hornet's nest and was all quite interesting. I'm developing the opinion that Lubro Moly has good product. If it were not for finding RLI I would probably be trying their oil. Thanks again for the response. I like the idea that you said it did not work and why you thought that instead of saying is junk.

They do make a Boron add, Ceratec, my UOA with it will be posted in the next week or so

Quote:

Thnaks ssj4. Looking forward to seeing your info. What are you running it in?

1995 BMW M3, I just posted a UOA (w/o Ceratec). hopefully th Ceratec UOA will come in within the week.

Obviously Oil protect and Ceratec are not the same. Ceratec has moly and boron and MoS2 just moly... And they don say anything about Oil protect
55.gif

I am really curious what does it mean synthetic additive and it lasts 50,000km... Not even some engine last that long....

Last edited:
Quote:
Even adding the product to special low friction fully-synthetic energy-conserving oils reduces wear by a further approx. 35%.

This is hype; I seriously doubt they can prove this - where are the tests to show this.

Yes, if it was the truth they would definitely want people to check a web page where there would be proof from independent labs.

Just the fact that they make claims like that means I would never try their product.

I have a very short list now-Auto-RX, Regane, Bars Leaks, Lubegard, and that is pretty much it.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
This is hype; I seriously doubt they can prove this - where are the tests to show this.

You know, this is such a great point. I am going to ask for tests from independent, certified labs for all products from now on. Otherwise I'll just regard them as hogwash or ad speak. No wait, I already don't fall for ad speak. It's the hogwash I'm after!
grin2.gif

I asked their office in Germany. We'll see tomorrow what they have to say. But in previous mail they recommended using CeraTec if I want higher protection from their Synthoil TopTech.....

I contacted LM before using the product. They didn't reveal any information beyond "It's safe to use" and "It performs as advertised." I used the product purely out of curiosity with Red Line 5W-30 oil during the last 700 miles before an oil change. CeraTec closely resembled kefir in terms of color and consistency. I don't know if it did anything. Now I'll probably get a cease and desist letter from Liqui-Moly. Or maybe their undercover damage control agents will contact me via PM.
grin2.gif

And here it is:

Our Motor Protect contains organic Molybdenum, which is different from that in Cera Tec.
The formulation of Motor Protect should not be used in Diesel engines with Diesel Particulate Filters.
Because I do not know, what kind of car you drive and how old it is, I would advice you to use our Cera Tec.
In this formulation you have additionally the positiv effects of Micro-Ceramic Particels, which act as solid lubricant and help also to reduce Wear and Friction.

Quote:
Our Motor Protect contains organic Molybdenum, which is different from that in Cera Tec.

That statement is nonsense, since Cera Tec does not contain any moly. Then again, the whole reply sounds like it was written by Hans who forgot most of his 5th grade English. I better send them an email and complain.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back