Lubro Moly (Made in Germany)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: peter_bigblock
I just bought two 5-liter jugs of Lubro Moly 5w-40 for my Porsche. This stuff is wonderful and, coming in large jugs instead of individual containers like M1, is easier to store and pour. And it's 5w instead of 0w in M1. I track the car and prefer 5w-40. It was about $36 for each 5-liter jug so that's a little less than $7 per quart. Pretty competitive.
What kind of Porsche do you have ?I like Porches.

This stuff is great. I (German car mechanic for 25 years) use it in my high line cars. I mix 8 liters of the 5W-40 (Group 4) with 2 liters of their semi-synthetic 10W-40 Moly one to get a great blend that just has incredible performance. I change it at 7K miles, but it can easily reach over 12K safely. My experience with the Mobil line, regardless of what they say, is that although they are good, they just don't seem to last very long. 4 or 5K at the most, and I notice a drop in performance. IMO, the Mobil is not much better than conventional oil. The Lubro-Moly is definitely worth the price for high line cars.

Originally Posted By: Hethaerto
How does it compare to Redline?

Outside of an application that would NEED Redline, all the major Euro oils perform well per the specs they meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back