Lubeguard Shudder Fixx

Thanks everybody! The problem is

My tundra does not have a dipstick. It is a very big deal with this Toyota transmission to get the fluid level perfect. In my mind, the logical thing is to replace it 4 quarts at a time through the cooler lines, or, do a drain and fill when it is ice cold, drive it for the day, and then repeat the next morning when it is ice cold again. That way, four quarts at ambient temperature taken out is replaced with 4 quarts at ambient temperature put back in. This is a good start to making sure the level is correct. Technically Toyotas scan tool is required, but there is some hack where you can use the odometer with some pins pushed in the OBT to port
I have access to the scan tool
Got to love these transmission setups right!? I typically do the same as you described above, go out in the morning and do it. Measure what comes out put the same back in, no problems doing that for the past few years 👍

I thought this stuff was just like Lucas, but then I tried it. My brother-in-law had a Fusion with rough shifting between 1st and 2nd. I did a fluid swap, and the noise was still there. I then put the LubeGard in, and it got really quiet.

Got to love these transmission setups right!? I typically do the same as you described above, go out in the morning and do it. Measure what comes out put the same back in, no problems doing that for the past few years 👍
Yea it’s pathetic. I’ve hated sealed transmissions since they came out. And out stuff is older - the new stuff they are making today is even worse

I thought this stuff was just like Lucas, but then I tried it. My brother-in-law had a Fusion with rough shifting between 1st and 2nd. I did a fluid swap, and the noise was still there. I then put the LubeGard in, and it got really quiet.
Yea lubeguard is great stuff. I just threw some red in my 2001 ram 5.2 4x4 plow truck with 156k in hopes of seeing 200

Last year I bought a 129,000 mile '15 2.7 6r80 trans'd F150 with TC shudder from a private seller for a discounted price because of the shudder. It felt like rumble strips on the test drive. I added a tube of Lubegard Shudder stop in the PO's garage, and didn't feel the shudder again for about 12,000 miles. When it came back: I swapped the pan to one with a drain, changed the filter, and changed about 8 qts to Valvoline Maxlife, but didn't add any Shudder Stop. It was OE fluid which was brown, but the pan and magnets were very clean. Shudder Stop is a good product and I'd say a good test but a trans service, I hope, is a better fix.

I just did another spill and fill (or pump and fill) on the Fusion, and it’s super smooth. There’s still a growling sound at a certain RPM, but I think it’s a bad CV axle. It’s worse when turning, and it’s only on one side.

I just did another spill and fill (or pump and fill) on the Fusion, and it’s super smooth. There’s still a growling sound at a certain RPM, but I think it’s a bad CV axle. It’s worse when turning, and it’s only on one side.
Awesome, based on the symptoms you’re describing, the only chance that’s related to your transmission is if it is the bearing for the CV shaft, which I highly doubt. It’s either the CV or the wheel bearing. Also, never ever never ever ever forget tires! Just this pad year I have had four cars that appeared to have massively catastrophically failed axles or bearings or even a transmission into cases, and all it was his bad tires. Proven by hooking up diagnostic equipment all suspected components, finding nothing, then changing our rotating tires and seeing a change/fix

That was a fast reply! Yes, I put good tires on it and had them balanced. The rear has a bad bearing, but it sounds totally different. Just a bass rumble, not a whine. He doesn’t have the money right now for parts.

One way I always check bearings that are difficult is safely jack up the car and put it in drive, and then squeeze the coil springs as hard as you can. You will feel it in your hand on the side that has the tricky bad bearing. Usually axles won’t make a sound unless you are turning and that is more of a click. They would make a pulstation throughout the car on acceleration and deceleration

Back