Lubegard Pro II 9000 GDI IVD TURBO TB INTAKE cleaning

Gave the 1.4TGDI EA211 a spraying into the turbo today. Typical IVD/Fuel cleaning starts with a the fuel additive(this one claiming the ASTM tests) one tank before the IVD cleaning to remove as much carbon(if any) from the insides(pistons tops, plugs, combustion chambers, injectors).

After that, find someone that can hold engine at 2k rpm for 10-15minutes. Spray entire can into turbo and let it mist and blow thru TB/manifold/intakeports/valves. The product does come out aerated but can still stall an engine, like some other IVD cleaners. So, cycle the spray can on/off in 5-10 second intervals as needed listening to engine. Even at 2k rpm, the unloaded 1.4T doesn't move much air. On a bigger engine, probably wouldn't have to cycle the spray can much. Once the can empties, shut it down and let it soak for as much time as you have patience for(at least an hour). After the soak, go for a ride running errands/shopping and return home for the oil/filter change, since I'd wager that some blowby might put an ml into the oil.

This was my last box of Lubegard and have 2 boxed of STP IVD cleaners that was on clearance recently for the late winter or early spring run on both GDI engines.

lubegard9000.jpg

lubegardcans.jpg

9000sidepanel1.jpg

lubegardbmwchrysler.jpg

lubegardsprayedinturbo.jpg

Intercooler in manifold blocks camera. I have no need to remove manifold until over 100k.

Catalytic has longer warranty and is cheaper than the engine. Plus, is not much different than what's in fuel. Do you fear filling your vehicle or the bottle of techron?

Time or money is considerably less than future repairs or new vehicles. I prefer to starve the indie and dealer techs.

Intercooler in manifold blocks camera. I have no need to remove manifold until over 100k.

Catalytic has longer warranty and is cheaper than the engine. Plus, is not much different than what's in fuel. Do you fear filling your vehicle or the bottle of techron?

Time or money is considerably less than future repairs or new vehicles. I prefer to starve the indie and dealer techs.
You can't take a peek using the front PCV hose connection into the intake manifold?

No peeking. Will have to wait until vehicle gets older or if I go mod crazy. Prevention for now.

Obviously, VW knows that they have problems. I just don't want to bother with silly walnut media blasting when I can DIY every 5k-10k miles and wait to see how long before an issue develops.

VW likes their snake oil products or their possible risk of catalyst damage, and I bet they like charging their customers "amounts of money" for service too.

Back