LUBEGARD LV FULL SYNTHETIC TRANSMISSION FLUID

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had not seen this before. It looks like a good replacement for a lot of hard to find OEM fluids.
What do you think?

http://www.lubegard.com/~/C-1028/COMPLETE+Full+Synthetic+ATF

LUBEGARD® COMPLETE™ Full Synthetic ATF is a world-class lubricant formulated for outstanding performance and efficiency in meeting or exceeding OEM requirements for reduced viscosity. LUBEGARD's unique, proprietary LXE® Technology provides superior wear protection with improved frictional and shear stability (high film strength for the life of the fluid).

This unique technology prevents and eliminates torque converter shudder, improves shift quality, and imparts excellent torque carrying capacity for long clutch and component life. LXE Technology is seal and o-ring friendly, ideal for new, older, and higher-mileage vehicles.

LUBEGARD COMPLETE Full Synthetic ATF is recommended for all automatic transmissions that require a fully formulated low viscosity ATF with exceptional performance and uncompromising protection. It is engineered to meet or exceed OEM requirements where lower viscosity is required.
Benefits

World class replacement for synthetic low viscosity ATF.
Backward compatible to replace DEXRON® fluids in older automatic transmissions that call for DEXRON® as well as Honda applications that call for Z-1® ATF.
Formulated with LXE Technology to meet OEM requirements for shear stability, long term frictional stability, superior shift quality and anti-shudder properties.
Seal-friendly LXE Technology restores seal flexibility and performance to older and high mileage transmissions.
Cures sluggish transmission performance on cold mornings.
The #1 technology used and endorsed by transmission shops for 30 years now available as a world class service solution for automatic transmissions.

LUBEGARD® COMPLETE™ Full Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid is compatible with the following ATFs:
ACURA
ATF Z-1
ATF DW-1

AISIN WARNER
M315
AW-1

AUDI
Esso LT71141
G 052 182 A2
G 052 990 A2
G 052 162 A1, A2
G 055 025 A2
G 055 005 A2
G 055 162 A2
G 055 540 A2
G 055 182 A2
G 060 162 A2

ALLISON
C-3
C-4
TES-295
TES-389

BMW
83 22 0 024 359
83 22 0 026 922
83 22 0 142 516
83 22 2 152 426
83 22 2 163 514
83 22 0 397 114
83 22 9 400 272
83 22 9 400 275
83 22 0 403 249
83 22 9 407 765
83 22 9 407 807
83 22 9 407 858
83 22 9 407 859
83 22 0 440 214

CATERPILLAR
Power Shift TO-2
Power Shift TO-4

CHRYSLER
Mopar ATF+3 (7176)
Mopar ATF+4 (9602)
Mopar ATF+5
Mopar AS68RC
05127382AA
Shell 3403
Shell L12108

DAEWOO
LT 711141

DAIHATSU
Alumix Multi

EAGLE
ATF+3
ATF+4

FIAT
MOPAR AW1

FORD
MERCON® SP
MERCON® LV
ESR-M2C-163-A2
FNR5 ATF
XT-8-QAW
XT-9-QMM5

GENERAL MOTORS
DEXRON, II, II-E, III, III-G, III-H
DEXRON VI
GM 12378515
GM 88900925

HONDA
Honda Genuine Z-1
Honda Genuine DW-1

HYUNDAI
SP-III ATF
SP-IV ATF
NWS 9638
Apollo ATF Red 1K

INFINITI
Matic D
Matic J
Matic K
Matic S

ISUZU
Isuzu Besco ATF-II, III
Isuzu Genuine Fluid

JAGUAR
LT 71141
JLM 20238
Shell 3403
Idemitsu K17
8342 JEEP
ATF+3
ATF+4
Shell 3403
JWS 3309

KIA
Kia SP-II, III, IV
Kia Appolo Oil ATF Red-1K

LAND ROVER
LT 71141
Texaco N402
Shell 1375.4
AW1

LEXUS
Type T, T-II, T-III, T-IV
Type WS

MAZDA
ATF M-3
ATF M-V
0000-77-114E-01
0000-77-122E-01
0000-77-120E-0

MERCEDES BENZ
MB 001 989 21 03-10
MB 001 989 68 03-10
MB 236.1
MB 236.12
MB 236.2
MB 236.5
MB 236.6
MB 236.7
MB 236.8
MB 236.81
MB 236.9

MINI
MC 83 22 0 402 413

MITSUBISHI
Diamond SP-II, III
Dia Queen J2
Dia Queen J3

NISSAN
Nissan Matic-D
Nissan Matic-J
Nissan Matic-K
Nissan Matic-S
Nissan Matic-W

PORSCHE
000 043 207 29
000 043 304 00
Esso LT 71141
Shell ATF 3403

SAAB
93 160 393
93 165 146
93 165 147
Saab Aporoil

SATURN

SCION
TIV ATF
Genuine WS

SUBARU
K0140Y0700
SOA868V9241

SUZUKI
Suzuki 3317
Suzuki 3309
Suzuki Matic J
Suzuki Matic S

TOYOTA
Toyota Type T-III
Toyota Type T-IV
Toyota Type WS

VOLKSWAGEN
G 052 025 A2
G 052 182 A2
G 052 162 A1
G 052 162 A2
G 055 025 A2
G 052 990 A2

VOLVO
31 256 774

Hello, "What do you think?", you asked. I'd guess it's a modern product from a good company.

I wouldn't hesitate to use it in my transmission which has a JWS3309 spec (AW 55-50S in a Volvo) or that of my brother's 2007 Honda which was filled at the factory with Z-1 and has been flushed with Honda's DW-1 several times.

Any info on availability or price? Kira

Originally Posted By: Donald
I would stick with Amsoil.

I would stick with OEM. Im sorry but there is no way that ONE fluid can meet ALL of these specs, and if it could it would be a compromised version of the OEM fluid.

Originally Posted By: gregk24

I would stick with OEM. Im sorry but there is no way that ONE fluid can meet ALL of these specs, and if it could it would be a compromised version of the OEM fluid.

First, Amsoil (at least) has more than one ATF. Second is it just your "guess" that one fluid cannot meet all these specs?

First, Amsoil (at least) has more than one ATF. Second is it just your "guess" that one fluid cannot meet all these specs?

The comment was not pointed toward Amsoil, it was toward the Lubeguard the OP is posting about. Ether way, I would stick with OEM.

Third...it is NOT a guess that the OEM fluid meets the spec for your car.
smirk.gif

I agree and so do many others. There have been several articles and papers published in support of that view.

My Jeep it calls for ATF+4 that's what it gets, and a bottle of LG red. I'll pass on their ATF and any of the other one size fits all for that application. If the price is right I might try it in my 00 Century, once the reviews are out.

It doesn't say that it meet all those specs.
Quote:
World class replacement for synthetic low viscosity ATF.
Backward compatible to replace DEXRON® fluids in older automatic transmissions that call for DEXRON® as well as Honda applications that call for Z-1® ATF.

Fluff

Quote:
Formulated with LXE Technology to meet OEM requirements for shear stability, long term frictional stability, superior shift quality and anti-shudder properties.
Seal-friendly LXE Technology restores seal flexibility and performance to older and high mileage transmissions.
Cures sluggish transmission performance on cold mornings.
The #1 technology used and endorsed by transmission shops for 30 years now available as a world class service solution for automatic transmissions.

It only claims to be compatible with the other fluids, meaning it can probably be used for top offs without causing an adverse reaction with the fluid already in the system.

Quote:
LUBEGARD® COMPLETE™ Full Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid is compatible with the following ATFs:

To me it sounds like a Dex VI clone with LG red in the mix. The company does have a stellar reputation so i have no doubt the product is high quality.
Having never used it i cant comment on it being as good, better or worse than other brands of fluid.

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf

I agree and so do many others. There have been several articles and papers published in support of that view.
Whitewolf is the man when it comes to ATF.

You have a choice to use the OEM fluid or the OTC fluid that claims to cover the transmissions listed.

The PI package in MaxLife and LG ATF is made by Lubrizol, which does extensive testing across many transmission types.

The important friction (u) modification chemistry in the PI package covers many wet friction clutch material types and covers tests for LVFA antishudder, torque capacity, friction coefficient at various speeds, friction coefficient with temperature, and friction chemistry stability over time.

When choosing an OTC ATF, one should also look at the Brookfield viscosity to determine if it is close to the OEM fluid specs.

I agree..

Reminds me of HEINZ 57

Originally Posted By: David1

I agree..

Reminds me of HEINZ 57

And you use Valvoline ATF?

Doesn't make a ton of sense. Amsoil has 6 different ATF's, so the very statement above is incorrect.

Originally Posted By: David1

I agree..

Reminds me of HEINZ 57

How so, as posted before it says only that it is..
Quote:

The rest is pretty much meaningless, it just says compatible with. I maybe wrong but that to me sounds like you can top off without risk of incompatibility.

Amsoil ATF is my favorite ATF but have used Maxlife also in GM units with no problems whatsoever.
I don't believe for a minute that LG would produce an inferior product, its probably a very good GM fluid.
As far as using OEM fluid in old DexIII units forget it there is no such thing as licensed DexIII anymore.

Originally Posted By: chad8
I had not seen this before. It looks like a good replacement for a lot of hard to find OEM fluids.
What do you think?

It sells at retail for around $12-$14 a quart.

It is unlikely that Lubegard makes it themselves but have it put up to their specs.

The intended market appears to be transmission shops and it expands the Lubegard line to offer something for those shops to use in the new lower viscosity ATF market.

In that price range there are some excellent ATFs from companies like Valvoline, Red Line, Amsoil, and Castrol. Without test results it's impossible to tell how the Lubegard ATF would rank among those competitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back