LS1 Break In Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Camaro is one of the best handling straight axle cars you will find for the money. Since I don't have a money tree that's what I drive. You can make a Fox body Mustang faster but it will cost you $15K - $20K in handling mods to do it.

I am 99.99% sure the rear window on the Z06 opens up (as in a hatch). So I guess they made just what you want.
smile.gif

L67? do you mean LS6? If so yes it is nice. My LS1 should have about the same or better power when I get it back. They didn't change much, just did some small refinements. All of which will bolt up to the LS1.
smile.gif

Yes this last year as been great. Although I think maybe I should have bought a kart instead.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Jason Troxell:
Yeah it's the E30.
I would agree that the overall package is not bad. I haven't driven one but I sure wouldn't mind having a Vette, especially a Z06. Although I don't like the hardtop, they should offer the Z06 in hatchback. If they want the rigidity can't they just get rid of the T tops? Hatch version is more aerodynamic too.
The L67 motor isn't bad either. I like the drivetrain on our GTP. The rest of the car well...what 3MP said.
wink.gif

6k track miles ain't bad either! I wish I could that kind of time in.

I also wish they offered the LS6 in the C5 coupe, I'm not big on the hardtop styling. Plus it would be nice to get the LS6 with an automatic too.

If I ever win the lottery I'll be buying a Magnetic Red C5 coupe, automatic and I'll get ARE to put a turbo kit on it. They recently put a turbo kit on a friend's 98 WS6 Formula and he makes over 500rwhp and 611rwtq! It's a 415ci LS1, but it's not quite dialed in yet and is still only running 8psi of boost (they built it to run 14psi eventually) but his car ran 11.3 at 125mph this weekend, in the heat, with a very soft launch (1.7 60fts) I cringed when he told me he runs 20w50 Kendall conventional oil in it though!
shocked.gif

I used to want a new Camaro. And I had a '80 Camaro about 10yrs ago. Rusted out POS but hey it was my 2nd car. Now that I have my BMW I like it so much I would mod it before buying a Camaro.

I was referring to looks, I don't care if the "hatch" is welded shut
smile.gif

No I mean L67. The 3.8L Supercharged V6.

Should be sweet w/ same or more power than LS6.

L67 is the supercharged version of the 3.8 liter Buick V6 that's used in Pontiac Grand Prixs and Bonnevilles, Buick Regals and Park Avenues and soon will be available in Monte Carlos and Impalas. Cars with the L67 are quite the sleepers although not as much for the Grand Prix GTP as it has somewhat of a reputation as a quick car.

As for the Z06, the rear hatch definitely doesn't open. Only thing that does is the trunk on the back deck lid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back