Lost my best friend today

I am so sad with you. :(

Abernathy is worrying me too. She seems to be eating less. We love our animals. :(
Feed her good food let her enjoy the last 2 weeks I fed Maggie organic free range chicken tenders shredded up and eye rounds chopped up into small bits. Make sure the eye rounds have very little fat. She also had sweet potato and pumpkin. And essentia electrolyte water. This is what a friend has been doing for his yorkie she’s 17. I tried getting her to eat some watermelon but that she wasn’t into.

I feel your pain. I’m a cat lover but the distinction is an unnecessary one, the pain is the same. To this day looking at pictures of the cats I’ve lost over the decades brings me to tears.
Rest in Peace Maggie, you’ll see some of my best friends on the other side of that rainbow bridge. And while you’re a dog and they are cats you have one thing in common: you all are deeply loved, and missed.

Sorry for the loss of a great dog. Dogs make better friends than most people.

Attachments

• 20201208_134720.jpg
    20201208_134720.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20201204_150228.jpg
    20201204_150228.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 5
Their consciousness touches us for real so their passing is just like that of a loved relative.
Our condolences.
Also remember: You won't forget. Just keep living and loving. The pain will fade.
That's all you can do.

I am going to give my two senior rescue dogs a big hug tonight.
So sorry for your loss. God bless.

Again I want to thank all of you for your thoughts prayers and wishes for Maggie myself and family. You are all great.

Here is a Ceramic I made in a kiln in middle school (high school?) after my childhood dog passed away/. I am amazed how well it came out, and God has blessed me with not letting me lose this. I believe they are in heaven waiting for us. Same as all things were made for us, until he made woman.

Oildude maybe something like this, so you have the memory until you both meet again?

Screenshot_20201215-172648.png

You gave her a good life sir and did the best you could for her. So sorry. The hurt never goes away. Perhaps another girl or guy is looking for their forever home. Keep on the sunny side dude even though you are so sad. I understand, Still hurting after almost fifty years of having cats and dogs.

The Rainbow Bridge is such a terrific concept. I've had to put down two English Springer Spaniels in the past 17 years. Think of ways to memorialize your pal.
I've been honored to know a number of cats over the years. When I get to the Bridge, there's gonna be some arguments over seniority and precedence. "Hey, black cat, back off! He's my human!" "Put a mouse in it, Fat Boy, he's mine!"

Here is a Ceramic I made in a kiln in middle school (high school?) after my childhood dog passed away/. I am amazed how well it came out, and God has blessed me with not letting me lose this. I believe they are in heaven waiting for us. Same as all things were made for us, until he made woman.

Oildude maybe something like this, so you have the memory until you both meet again?

View attachment 36980
Not long after little part-Persian tuxedo cat Oreo passed away, I found a ceramic figure of a black and white cat with long fur in an antique store. I bought it and some black, white, and pink paint, and repainted the figurine to look more like her. It sits atop her box of ashes on my bookshelf.

I've been honored to know a number of cats over the years. When I get to the Bridge, there's gonna be some arguments over seniority and precedence. "Hey, black cat, back off! He's my human!" "Put a mouse in it, Fat Boy, he's mine!"
I'm sure we will have all eternity to play and cuddle with our loved fur babies. :)

Not long after little part-Persian tuxedo cat Oreo passed away, I found a ceramic figure of a black and white cat with long fur in an antique store. I bought it and some black, white, and pink paint, and repainted the figurine to look more like her. It sits atop her box of ashes on my bookshelf.
Your cat sounds pretty. Did she look like this?

Screenshot_20201216-130105.png

Back