Losing Weight, down 81 pounds so far

I figured I'd update the thread again as I sort of hit another milestone. I weighed in today at 199lbs, officially under the 200 mark and down a total of 112 pounds. Still not sure where I want my weight to be, going to lose a little more but I need to focus on gaining some muscle. I've definitely lost strength with this whole process, I should have focused more on eating more protein.

In high school I was around 220, so my weight hasn't been this low since middle school.

Weight loss should be about fat loss, not muscle loss. If you find your weight isn't dropping, it might be because muscle is increasing, but most people are only looking at a scale when they should also use a measuring tape.

Weight loss should be about fat loss, not muscle loss. If you find your weight isn't dropping, it might be because muscle is increasing, but most people are only looking at a scale when they should also use a measuring tape.
Definitely. My size 40 jeans were tight before, now my size 32 jeans are needing a belt.

I started off wanting to lose 20 this year. Only 22 left to go!
Here is my way,

IMG_4174.JPG

I have a pair of teenagers. No way I could get by with a fridge that empty!

I’ve been trying to lose weight lately and it’s coming off, but a lot slower than it used to. I resorted to the same YouTube videos by some of the health-freak doctors. Primarily, I live on prefab salads, steamed broccoli, and occasionally rice and chicken. I have a pretty bad neurologic condition so my level impairment restricts my mobility. I was able to shed about 9-10 pounds, but I still want to lose another 7-8. 🫤

I figured I'd update the thread again as I sort of hit another milestone. I weighed in today at 199lbs, officially under the 200 mark and down a total of 112 pounds. Still not sure where I want my weight to be, going to lose a little more but I need to focus on gaining some muscle. I've definitely lost strength with this whole process, I should have focused more on eating more protein.

In high school I was around 220, so my weight hasn't been this low since middle school.
That's a pretty good weight at 6'2", maybe try to increase your strength exercises a bit and see where you end up. I'm 6' and I went down from 220's to ~180lb for a few months now, and I've just been trying to eat normally and do some more strength exercise for mountain biking and DH skiing.

No matter the diet is always about calorie deficit. Many diets get you there different ways. But you need to eat about 500 calories less a day than you consume. Exercising is great but it would very difficult to loose weight by exercise alone.

Although walking behind my self propelled mower doing my back yard is listed at 450 calories by my Fitbit.

Now if your prediabetic then things might be a little different as your insulin receptors are less efficient.

No matter the diet is always about calorie deficit. Many diets get you there different ways. But you need to eat about 500 calories less a day than you consume. Exercising is great but it would very difficult to loose weight by exercise alone.

Although walking behind my self propelled mower doing my back yard is listed at 450 calories by my Fitbit.

Now if your prediabetic then things might be a little different as your insulin receptors are less efficient.
I was referred to a nutritional doctor by my normal doctor in an effort to loose weight and get A1C down.

Congratulations brother you have much to be proud of! Stay the course and best of luck as you move into the strengthening phase. Feel free to PM me with any questions in that regard as it's one of the few things I'm quite well versed in:)

Back