looks like time for new batteries for PSD

It will be interesting to see if the EP batteries at Napa, BJs, etc follow suit and are made in Mexico too, like the ones that they supply Walmart.

I will say that I outfit my Ram CTD with two value group 65 batteries from WM. Out the door for less than $100 for both, and they handle starting and the high draw of the Cummins grid heaters (up to 200A).

For $100 for both versus $200-400 for the higher end versions or AGM, it was worth it to me to try, even with group 65 being slightly undersized (OE is group 27). My truck has a block heater and starts really strong and well. YMMV.
Yes a consideration.

Yes a consideration.
The WM in New Castle should have them. Tax free. Not sure if that’s close to you in DE or not...

Ive not seen any AGM batteries at any WM in the east coast that I’ve been to... fwiw.

It will be interesting to see if the EP batteries at Napa, BJs, etc follow suit and are made in Mexico too, like the ones that they supply Walmart.

I will say that I outfit my Ram CTD with two value group 65 batteries from WM. Out the door for less than $100 for both, and they handle starting and the high draw of the Cummins grid heaters (up to 200A).

For $100 for both versus $200-400 for the higher end versions or AGM, it was worth it to me to try, even with group 65 being slightly undersized (OE is group 27). My truck has a block heater and starts really strong and well. YMMV.
I was thinking the same, time to give these a try.

The Critic just posted Walmart AGM battery cheapest price made in Korea. 4 years free replacement. Thats the best deal yet.

The WM in New Castle should have them. Tax free. Not sure if that’s close to you in DE or not...

Ive not seen any AGM batteries at any WM in the east coast that I’ve been to... fwiw.
There are some but very limited in Howell.

Walmart has the Everstart Maxx group 65 for $10 off now. The battery in the picture is a JCI by the cell caps with the corners cut off. Even though the battery at my Walmart would be an EP. I guess they do not expect everyone to be a sharp BITOG member who can determine who made a battery just by a quick look?

I got a battery for my dads car on sale at Rural King made by Exide. Replaced the Everstart Maxx which was still under warranty but they wouldn’t replace it so we said we will never buy a Everstart again. We had originally gotten a Duralast battery for it but sold it to my neighbor who wanted it for the inside of his truck to run his CB radio.

I got a battery for my dads car on sale at Rural King made by Exide. Replaced the Everstart Maxx which was still under warranty but they wouldn’t replace it so we said we will never buy a Everstart again. We had originally gotten a Duralast battery for it but sold it to my neighbor who wanted it for the inside of his truck to run his CB radio.
What was the reason they wouldnt replace it?

Did know there was such policy. Just let them install it and get a free battery. Why not?
Well the car was not able to be driven because of the expired inspection and we still have to do one more thing on the suspension and the warranty was running out the next day.

Walmart has the Everstart Maxx group 65 for $10 off now. The battery in the picture is a JCI by the cell caps with the corners cut off. Even though the battery at my Walmart would be an EP. I guess they do not expect everyone to be a sharp BITOG member who can determine who made a battery just by a quick look?
All correct except that JCI is now gone. They were bought and rebranded as Clarios. :)

It’s quite easy, the cereal number starts with ”EP” when you have an East Penn battery... right on top of the battery...

IIRC, the group 65 was still $114 or something in max configuration. Vs $48.88 for the value. Yes, it does give more CCA.

It’s quite easy, the cereal number starts with ”EP” when you have an East Penn battery... right on top of the battery...

IIRC, the group 65 was still $114 or something in max configuration. Vs $48.88 for the value. Yes, it does give more CCA.
The Everstart MAXX group 65 is $89 I think. Maybe just the plain Everstart. $10 rollback.

I know about the serial number starting with EP. But what about the batteries that are not made by East Penn for sale at Walmart locations beyond the east coast.

The Everstart MAXX group 65 is $89 I think. Maybe just the plain Everstart. $10 rollback.

I know about the serial number starting with EP. But what about the batteries that are not made by East Penn for sale at Walmart locations beyond the east coast.
Yep …
I roll with those since they are decent, Walmart is easy to exchange with, and there is a store everywhere I go

Back