Looking of new mattress...head spinning!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I ended up with the Simmons Beautyrest Black series Extra Firm "Calista". That's the "entry point" into their Black series, which is their current top-of-the-line. It was the best feeling mattress I tried, out of many. Very firm and supportive, but not "living room floor" hard, like the extra-firm Serta Perfect Sleeper I sampled.

Got it from Mattress King in Nashville, right here in my neighborhood. I feel like they really put forth some effort to get my business - they actually went about $360 lower for the mattress and box spring set than the online giant mattress store (US Mattress) that I was using for price comparison.

This is my first brand-new mattress set I've had since I was about 4 years old when my mom and dad bought me my first actual bed. The rest have been hand-me-downs.

I don't have any problem sleeping, but here's hoping I'll get some even better sleep now, and maybe my back will even feel better!

It's being delivered week after next (they offered to bring it next week, but I'm out of town).

Good job with the Calista and saving $1k over the other one. Good idea to invest in some quality bedding and not going too firm. My aunt used to own the Serta factory in the Midwest region but sold it years ago. She said the offer was too high to turn down. I may have to look into the Calista model soon.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Good job with the Calista and saving $1k over the other one. Good idea to invest in some quality bedding and not going too firm. My aunt used to own the Serta factory in the Midwest region but sold it years ago. She said the offer was too high to turn down. I may have to look into the Calista model soon.

Thanks. I'll try to remember to put up a short review here after sleeping on it for a while.

I have a Simmons Beautyrest Neptune Plush that has a pillow top. It was to firm when I bought it but flipping and walking on it...softened it up and now it's just right.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
I have a Simmons Beautyrest Neptune Plush that has a pillow top. It was to firm when I bought it but flipping and walking on it...softened it up and now it's just right.

Ha! That's funny... The "Plush" was too firm for you? I laid on a few of those and I thought I was gonna sink through to China!

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
Originally Posted By: Warstud

Ha! That's funny... The "Plush" was too firm for you? I laid on a few of those and I thought I was gonna sink through to China!

I must have gotten used to my old worn-out mattress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back