Difference between a $200, $400 or $600 mattress?

Order placed. I can decide on buying a $10,000 car in 5 minutes after seeing it, why does it take so long for a $300 mattress? Can't be any worse than the 20 year old mattress I sleep on now.

$100 Mattress (9 years ago price) - 250 lb sleeper. 24 months.

$100 Mattress (9 years ago price) - 150 lb sleeper. 60 months.

$100 Mattress (9 years ago) - Guest Rooms. Still serviceable.

$600 Mattress (7 years ago) - 250 lb sleeper. Will likely be replaced in the next 12 months.

$450 Mattress (4 years ago) - 150 lb sleeper.
Still serviceable.

In my opinion the primary difference is lifespan. The cheaper the mattress and the heavier the sleeper the shorter the lifespan. I have a arthritic back and as long as the mattress is the correct firmness I can tell no difference in initial comfort level. I replace when they support becomes unacceptable.

Order placed. I can decide on buying a $10,000 car in 5 minutes after seeing it, why does it take so long for a $300 mattress? Can't be any worse than the 20 year old mattress I sleep on now.
Because only you know what mattress works for you after you lie down on it for a while. What works for me doesn't work for others, just like buying a pair of pants people comes with different sizes and back conditions and like different types.

A nice, firm Saatva is the answer.

White glove delivery is provided also.
HAHA, just like all the other mattress nonsense I noticed and don't need like the fancy artistic cover materials on some mattresses to get people to spend $500 more on basically the same thing when you will never even see it when its covered by the sheets.

We bought a Serta Firm mattress at Sams Club just 2 years ago and it still feels great. Don't like that you can't flip new mattress but it is what it is. We had a Beautyrest double but we opted for the queen now. When Grand daughter sleeps over I sleep on the Beautyrest. It still feels great.

The question was, Is there much difference between the cheaper ones and the more expensive ones? I know people love to post wiseazz remarks, but that doesn't even address the question.
:) I knew it too. LOL, the sad thing is not any one is right for all. You really have to test them for your own good. I went years with a waterbed which I did not know is horrible for backs. I think we last bought a couple different types for our room and the guest bedrooms and paid about $600, maybe more for one. One we tried really firm and the other kind of in between. We both have back issues. To me the extra firm $600 one does the best job. If you have no back issues you can probably check out several prices and styles. I think those $200 ones will disappoint you.

I have had my fill of cheap and expensive bad mattresses. On a recommendation, I purchased a platform-style frame and a Costco mattress. I sleep better now then I have at any other time in my 59 years on this earth.

HAHA, just like all the other mattress nonsense I noticed and don't need like the fancy artistic cover materials on some mattresses to get people to spend $500 more on basically the same thing when you will never even see it when its covered by the sheets.

There's more of a difference between cheap and expensive mattresses than the cover. The biggest being the number of coils, the gauge of wire used in them and the design of the coil. A good mattress is very heavy due to all the steel inside.

There's more of a difference between cheap and expensive mattresses than the cover. The biggest being the number of coils, the gauge of wire used in them and the design of the coil. A good mattress is very heavy due to all the steel inside.
Just like car spring, you can make the same spring rate by having a heavier gauge spring coiling at a lesser "incline" slope, or a lighter gauge spring coiling at a sharper slope. They may feel the same when new but the heavier gauge lesser incline slope spring would last longer than the lighter one before collapsing.

Same for the foam, you can use a higher density foam or a lower density foam to make the same springiness cushion, and they would last a different amount of time.

This is why the heavier mattress is usually the better quality one.

It's just unbelievable what people will buy. Did you tell him it was 15 years old?

I've seen people sell used brake rotors and used brake pads. I mind as well see if anyone will buy used oxygen sensors.

Just the fact that it was a SEARS should have given that away. I'd be shocked if there were any Sears branded mattresses made after the 1970's. Walk by the avocado green Kenmore refrigerator on your way to the mattress department while you wait for them to install a new muffler on your Nova.

Back