Looking for remote starter for under $200

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter would like us to get her a remote starter for her car for Christmas. She only needs a basic unit as all she really needs it to do is start her car. Do any of you know of any decent ones for under $200?

You might be able to get the remote start for that much, but installation would be the hard/expensive part.

Interesting - i wish they had more info on which cars it would require additional parts/labor...

But for that price, even with some $ added, it can be pretty handy...

Might check it out for my winter-beater Tbird...It's a very simple, straightforward car to work on most areas...

If you have any factory security system you need modules and help.

A basic car starter will work on most any car from 1986 to 1998, from the advent of fuel injection to the start of resistor chip keys, "passlock", key proximity sensors, etc.

If you google your car you can find out what you need.

I got a "bulldog" from walmart that did the deed on a 95 saturn. MSRP $45, clearance $10.
wink.gif
However, its range was terrible, I had to stand in a window facing my car for its amazing 20 foot transmitting power. The receiving antenna is under the dash with the module, usually, though a whiz installer might be able to rig something better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back