New HU for RAV4 '10

Hi All, I just wanted to share my last Sat HU install.

So, I bought an Android HU from Aliexpress for my buddy (he paid), for the car his daughter drives, she wanted rear view cam and a screen, I recommended getting whole thing - HU, dash cam, rear view cam, GPS; all that was purchased for C$220 including shipping from China to Canada, no tax or duty was collected, delivery took about 3 weeks.
I picked a unit with a better CPU, 4GB RAM / 32GB storage, dash cam, fan, ext mic (comes with built-in mic too), GPS receiver, rear cam, Bluetooth function, 4G if one wants to install SIM for data, Wi-Fi.
Install was very simple while time consuming with running video cable to the back under floor panels and thru rear door grommets. Well, we vacuumed the car while doing so too :ROFLMAO:
So far, we are very pleased with what this inexpensive contraption offered with Android Auto, CarPlay, sound and display quality, all the functions, how responsive it is and how two windows can be shown in split mode, e.g. navi + radio. Phone calls via BT had excellent voice quality too.

I was actually amazed what C$220 can buy these days.
Now my wife wants one for her Forte... LOL :ROFLMAO:

If something you need works great for a great price then great! The SIM card option would be something I'd be interested in too. Built in mic is good in case you didn't want to run that seperately.

I had wanted to upgrade the factory console in the rogue but would like something that could integrate with the factory backup cam and steering wheel controls

The units I'm looking at - Vtopek and JMCQ allow for factory backup cam connection and they allow to add/program steering wheel controls on the unit - you just press button and pick them off the screen. You don't need extra harness.

Back