Looking for feedback on the Lincoln LS

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife is eyeing the new Lincoln LS and I must admit, it is a nice looking car. Small and sporty enough to keep her happy, yet still sophisticated. Interior is really nice. I searched the site and could not find much on it. I see a lot of them on the road. Anyone have feedback on this car they would like to share?

We are probably going for the V6. They have a traction control option I am also thinking about. TIA.

front seats are decent (no lateral support, which is a common theme among old people vehicles, but shouldn't be missing in a sporty sedan).

back seats are large enough to fit 6" tall individuals (which is pretty rare with the newer body designs).

v6 and auto tranny are adequate. hopefully things have changed from the introductory car, as it sounded horrible. actually the auto tranny seems like the weak link no matter what engine is used.

if they wanted to attract a younger audience, they shouldn't have left out the manual option.

on the one i tested, the interior fit and finish was BAD. switches looked and felt similar to the ones in the lincoln continental (the paint flaked off the buttons) after a short while.

i agree with the edmunds people when they say "if you are looking for a smooth, quiet, roomy vehicle with a american nameplate, give this car a try".

it doesn't (and might never) have the refinement/fit & finish/durability/handling of a euro/japanese brand, but (this is common sense) if you want it, go for it.

quote:

Originally posted by seotaji:
...v6 and auto tranny are adequate. hopefully things have changed from the introductory car, as it sounded horrible. actually the auto tranny seems like the weak link no matter what engine is used.

What year model did you drive? I understand they made some improvements in 2004 and again in 2005.

I liked them when they first came out. Now the look is sorta old, plus like others they just don't compete with the European models that it's trying to compete with.

Go test out the new Volvo's or Audi's.

I leased(company) a 2002 LSE V6 manual, as a driving enthusiast
smile.gif
, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Very "balanced" handling even when pushed hard, and the Duratech was extremely smooth reving(and reliable). As I currently drive a 2004 Volvo V70R, I actually find myself missing the LSE for it's finesse and "polished" feel. (Now if they would just reintroduce the stick; with the V8!
grin.gif
)

P.S. If you're concerned about resale, they don't hold their value very well from what I hear.

In case you haven't already, I'd check consumer reports annual to track their reliablity record

A friend of mine had one for a year, it was a 01 V-6 5-Sp. I drove the car and I liked it. It was a nicely balanced machine and it was well equipped. He put 20in chrome on it and it still drove half decent. He loved it and wished he didnt sell it.

Eric

after my MB got hit, I was considering another car. The LS has great lines, looks like a good mix of american muscularity and BMW flair (one of my other choices was the e39 style 5-series).

I only would consider it with manual transmission, so pre-owned would be my option.

I sat in a pre owned ls in the showroom, and the interior gave me a cheapy feel. Things were starting to get jiggly, certain materials were starting to loook shiny from wear.

Overall, the exterior is great, but the interior wasnt the best, and you cant get a new one with m/t.

Not for me.

JMH

They are a decent cars. However do not buy new, Lincolns as most domestic cars do not hold their value. A one or two year used example is a good buy, new is horrid as far as depriciation unless you keep it till the end of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back