Looking for another shot gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Weatherby PA-08 is only my list. How reliable and solid feeling is this gun in the field?
I looks and feels nice BUT...
My latest purchase was a Beneli Nova. It is nice
Dusty

I have been disappointed with Weatherby shotguns. Back in the mid-late 70's I purchased their new Patrician pump. It was back for warranty work six times. I was warned that the trigger mechanism would likely fail, as that was already a known problem. It went back four times for failure to eject the shells, they would hang up in the ejection port. It then failed to lock up, and then just before the warranty expired the trigger quit.

I have to say the repair work was handled well and fairly quickly. When it quit two days before Sage Hen season, which was only three days long, the shop handed me a new one off the rack to use for the weekend.

It's too bad, the gun was gorgeous, it had a blonde maple stock with dark checkering and beautiful, deep bluing, and I shot it well. A friend in college had to have it. I couldn't throw it at him fast enough when he offered me what I had originally paid for it.

The above has nothing to do with the current shotguns of course, just a story that Weatherby is not perfect. When it comes to pump shotguns, it's a Remington 870 Wingmaster or Browning BPS for me.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back