Looking at a used 3rd row SUV. GX460 or Tahoe like.

We must have vastly different definitions of spacious. My sister has owned 2 pilots and I’ve had one as a rental. Yikes.
Probably. What years? Most other vehicles on the road are more cramped than the Pilot - the Highlander for example. I consider it a large vehicle. The middle row had tons of legroom and headroom, and plenty of space.

What do you consider more spacious, and why?

I spent $14k on a 10 yo 2006 LS430 and it's had no troubles. I had the timing belt done at a Japanese indie for $950 back in 2017, that price may be higher today. Maybe the GX is similar. The forum was very accurate as to what to expect, I'd check there. Price sounds high for a 2003 but all car prices are high today...

In that segment I like the Tahoe, though. Not the 2015-2020? though as I think the cargo got small for that generation...just looked it up 95 cu ft. Why get something that large to have Honda Pilot cargo is my thinking....to contrast the 2021+ has 123 cu ft, back to how it should be 😊

Probably. What years? Most other vehicles on the road are more cramped than the Pilot - the Highlander for example. I consider it a large vehicle. The middle row had tons of legroom and headroom, and plenty of space.

As I posted in other forum, reason why I am changing Atlas is windshield.
But space wise? Nothing compares to Atlas in that segment! The size of each row is tremendous. Pilot is smaller (all generations) In all rows, including trunk. Grand Highlander has similar trunk, but second and first row (especially second) are dramatically smaller.
I was looking numbers these days, and actually Atlas is bigger inside than current Nissan Armada.
However, if living in the West where rocks are part of environment, skip it.

My sister had a 2014 and then a 2020. My rental was a 2022. The Highlander was about the same but not as squished. The CX-9 was decent as well. The SIL has a 2022 Palisade, which is decent enough on space in the middle too.

Back