Look at what I found...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Yikes... yeah, that's some bad stuff.

What the heck did they even put in that bottle for it to have massive silicon levels? It’s like they just rebottle used cutting/tapping fluid.

Could be
smile.gif

Yeah this doggone phone is very, very hard for me to take pictures with... My old phone was very easy to do that with. And any phone I had before this one. This tiniest of movement causes the pictures to not be as sharp. And I really struggle with anything that means being perfectly still. I just can't do it. The fine muscle tremors I have make it extremely difficult.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Could be
smile.gif

Yeah this doggone phone is very, very hard for me to take pictures with... My old phone was very easy to do that with. And any phone I had before this one. This tiniest of movement causes the pictures to not be as sharp. And I really struggle with anything that means being perfectly still. I just can't do it. The fine muscle tremors I have make it extremely difficult.

Good to hear from you my friend. What are your plans for that oil? I’d be scared to put it into anything.

Plans... Yeah it is certainly not going in anything.

I'm thinking about going to the store owner and them know how bad this and the other oil they have is so terrible. Then wait and see if they get rid of it. Wait a good while again aka several months... And if it's still there. Buy it and other bad oil they have.... Then take it to the local paper. Let them write up a story about it.

Originally Posted By: CharlieJ
What does this oil look like? That PQIA analysis looks like used oil.

I'd wager the stuff I drain out of my Fusion after 7,500 miles is still far superior to what is in that bottle.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Wait, you paid money for that??!?

I'm sure he can just return it for a refund, if he hasn't already.

Take a wild guess which one is the Valvoline white bottle and the other one is that junk??

Interesting. Color matters here...

You definitely should talk to the owner / manager. Be polite, of course.

Managing a store is not always easy, and it's almost certainly time-consuming in a way that salaried employees have no idea. This may be just an example of a rep coming into the store, talking the price sheet and margin (I guarantee it will be higher than industry average ... that's how they sell it to the retailer ) and he just went "OK, we'll try some". I'd bet there were cases in the salesman's vehicle for ready drop off. Maybe he even walked in with a case and just left it there.

But, in a friendly way, you could give him a "heads up" that this type of oil is known to be damaging to motors and that news outlets do occasionally run stories about it and who is selling it locally. Maybe bring evidence or show him the relevant websites. Frame it like "I like this store and wouldn't want it to get any bad publicity for an innocent mistake".

Should work.

I can see some managers who will want to sell the inventory before not buying more ... the bottom line, I've paid for this already, Yadda Yadda.. That is the wrong solution, and I'm not sure I would cut him much slack if that was the case.

If not, call the local TV station (but give him a reasonable amount of time before you go nasty on him). They LOVE to do stories that make the station out as looking out for viewers. Increases station loyalty and that turns into a better Rate Card, which pays the bills and generates the profits.

Obviously didn't do that
lol.gif

Yeah that stuff is jacked up. And it's very apparent.

That stuff looks like the used oil in the big containers in the back of auto part stores. If I had to guess someone buys that used oil, runs it through some type of filter and bottles it.

You know Charlie I am not sure it is even motor oil.... No additives at all.. and it has a lot of silicon in it. I wonder what it really is.... Whatever it is.... It sucks big-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back