Look at what I found...

Status
Not open for further replies.
REALITY: The station owner bought glop in a bottle to sell. You aren't convincing him/her to rid the store of it.

FANTASY: Offer to change his/her oil with it and have 'em watch. Chart the engine's decay.

PRACTICAL: Send half to the very responsible Ohio Division of Weights and Measures-the people who got the junk off Ohio's shelves. Then send the other half to the corresponding office in your state.

EDUCATIONAL: Set up a camera and see who buys the stuff. Force your observations into a few "categories" (easy to understand) and write a paper on it. You'll get an A because real social data, however thin, impresses people.

I still don't get how this [censored] is allowed to be made & distributed in the first place! Doesn't all oil have to go through a safety check of some sort by the Government, to assure the American people that it's safe to use in anything with a motor? Seems like anyone can put any type of fluid in a bottle, then, sell it as "motor oil", without any repercussions.
smirk.gif

^^^ 107 ppm in the bottle ... and probably 100 times that in a 500 mile UOA.
eek.gif

Originally Posted By: Puckrobber
I still don't get how this [censored] is allowed to be made & distributed in the first place! Doesn't all oil have to go through a safety check of some sort by the Government, to assure the American people that it's safe to use in anything with a motor? Seems like anyone can put any type of fluid in a bottle, then, sell it as "motor oil", without any repercussions.
smirk.gif

Agreed. This will definitely cause engine damage. $5 bottle of goo < $5,000 engine. Hmmmm.

The PQIA said Xpress Lube Pro was based in Glenview, IL...a pretty tony suburb of Chicago, nicer than the one I grew up in. A friend of mine moved there halfway through high school but still finished up at my HS, he didn't want to have to make a whole new set of friends...his dad started his own business and built a fantastic house in Glenview when it started to take off.
Now, Chicago Heights where they actually bought their sample, not such a nice place. I had family that moved there in the '50s when things were better and ended up getting stuck when their property values dropped so much that they couldn't really afford to sell their houses. Probably the kind of neighborhood the makers of this junk generally target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back