Longest you have run a oil filter?

The last time I kept a car for the long haul was back in the mid-2000s.

STP/AC Delco oil filters and Supertech oil were so cheap that I just did it every 3,000 miles on my Camry. It's still on the road with nearly 400,000 miles on it.

As for longest from one of my customers? I have removed filters that made it past the 5 year mark. I'm sure a few may have been stuck on there for close to eight years.

I drive like a Grandpa anyway. I'm sure any 10k filter could last 20k with me behind the wheel.

I only go one OCI. Longest has been ~9,500 in the wife’s T&C and ~8,000 in my Ram. I may stretch my Ram to 10k on an OCI but still 1 OCI per filter.

Just my $0.02

I ran OEM Mahle filters for 10k miles in my former 300D for 348k miles using Amsoil 10W30 Heavy Duty and Marine.
I haven't gone over 6k miles in anything since.

That I can recall from many decades diy oil and filter change...

32 months and ~14k miles over 2 ocis with an OG XG3614 on a 3.4L Tacoma. Confident had I chosen, could have gone another 5-6k mile oci.

Though an OPE application I'll mention it, 7+years and 2-3 ocis with a Napa Gold 1348 on a Kohler Courage(not) engine. That one looked excellent post use.

Both c&p'd here, and fwiw, can still be found with a search.

5k max on my filters and that’s on all my vehicles. Use synthetic in all and either Mobil1 or Purolater Boss filters

The mileage runs reported are impressive! You've inspired me to get a high mileage filter and leave it on for a couple ocis.
If it's good enough for Toyota engineers to use a filter for two OCIs, it should be good enough for most BITOGers. ;)

If a filter is ran for 10K miles, it doesn't know the difference between 10 x 1K, 4 x 2.5K or 2 x 5K or 1 x 10K OCIs.

37K on Amsoil Ea15K29. With bypass filtration and UOA for support. Lab said oil still suitable for use; I just couldn't sleep at night.

If it's good enough for Toyota engineers to use a filter for two OCIs, it should be good enough for most BITOGers. ;)

If a filter is ran for 10K miles, it doesn't know the difference between 10 x 1K, 4 x 2.5K or 2 x 5K or 1 x 10K OCIs.
Add Honda to that list.

I have gone 10k once or twice, but usually change the filter at 5k OCI on the Honda and Toyota. The Cad gets 3k OCI and filter at the same time.

Back