Longest you have run a oil filter?

25806 miles (3 oil changes) on a Fram TG10358 in the Prius. It came out in excellent condition. The Toyota filter now in the car is up to 24249. I'll try going farther with the Ultra 10358 I recently bought.
Around 18K miles (3 oil changes) many times in the Mazda, using mostly basic Purolators (including store brands that were disguised Purolators).

Last edited:
Longest I have run an oil filter...
On purpose: 8,115 miles
Accidentally: 13,093 miles (no issues that I could tell)

For me, time gets me more than miles. I barely drive. My most recent changes were 18 months / 800 miles, and 22 months, 1600 miles. I do not feel good about those time intervals, but I just got really busy and then weather wasn't cooperating so it was delayed and delayed and delayed...

5 years on my dad‘s Honda.

Mobil 1 oil filter and approx 20K miles, I did a yearly drain and refill.

Furthest I have ever gone was 3 back to back oil changes on a wire backed Fram Ultra. No issues really, the oil was clean when I drained it after the last interval, so I assume it wasn't in bypass circulating dirt. I guess roughly 22,500 miles or so. The last interval was cut short a little bit because the weather was changing and I wasn't about to be changing oil in the snow. So the last interval was probably around 6,900-7,100 or so. So in total about 22,000 miles.

currently on our 07 Denali w/6.2L an Amsoil EaBP90, several different brands and wts of oil, 30k miles, 3+ yrs, and 600+ hrs.
bypass 1.jpg

Last edited:
Back