Longest OCI on this board!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoot her... Take the car.... Change the oil.... Problem solved..
fruit.gif

In the mid 90's, a bakery owner bought a new Chevy Blazer with a 4.3-V6. The entire family was VERY bad at auto maintenence. He never had the oil changed as it was 'a waste of time' and 'I have better things to do'. He also ran his nice John Deere tractor out of oil. Anyway, a friend who fueled it at the gas station just added some oil every now and then, if he had the chance to check it. The engine seized around 40,000 miles. The reason for the seize was that the oil was nearly gone. If it would have been kept full, it probably would have went longer. On the factory fill with topping off 2 times, it went nearly 40000 miles.

I hate to break it to you, but you sister is not a responsible person. This is the reason she has poor credit and doesn't take care of her cars. I would suspect that the rest of her life is in a similar state of disarray. Sadly, she will probably end up wasting the money from the house she inherited. As others have said, have her repay you, and hope that at some point she gets her act together. You helping her is simply encouraging her to continue acting this way because she knows that someone will bail her out when needed.

Cary

Guys, this is a great community and you guys gave some good advice, I already talked to her of getting her to get an equity loan and pay off my loan. She agrees and we will do it sometimes this week. Thanks guys for the advice.
wink.gif
Then, I'd tell her I will change her oil and take over the maintainence of the car, BUT, I will have her reimburse me the total cost of whatever service will be done on the car.
To clear up some confusion, she is my sister in law (not real sister)and she lives with her mom, Me and my wife do not live with my in-law. It is her responsiblity to take care her own as she is living with her. Mom in law basically gave her the house, I think she has the obliigation to take care her by driving her to shopping or whatever. She never ask me to do any oil change or whatever on her car, I did ask her to take it to get an oil change, I didn't make any offer to do it for her as I don't want to help her anymore.

Reposes the car, change the oil, and don't give it back to her until she pays for the oil change. Be firm, and tell her if she goes over 5k again, you will take the car back, and sell it.
And I don't mean it as a threat, stick to your guns, if she goes over again SELL THE CAR.
One of the conditions of her "financing" was that she would maintain it. Which she has not.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bodeh6
This thread is 5 years old. I wonder what happened to the car since then?

Looks like we will never know as the op has not logged on since 04.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
Originally Posted By: bodeh6
This thread is 5 years old. I wonder what happened to the car since then?

Looks like we will never know as the op has not logged on since 04.

Good catch CROWNVIC4LIFE! Guess we'll never know.

i had some friends who just added oil the last 80,000 miles or so to their cavaliers and rangers respectively...engines still ran but not reccomended...a lot of people dont give A ---- about oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back