Long Way Round, Long Way Down, Long Way Up.

I know these are relatively old especially the first two, but i recently watched them all and found them interesting.

I wonder if everyone would have been "really nice" to a regular joe.

I think the Live Wires they rode would have sold better than the one that actually got to market.

I'm sure regular joe wouldn't have gotten Rivian 1 and 2 and a test ride on the "only" live wire, but it was an entertaining watch.

KTM bailed on them on long way around because they were afraid they would fail (that's what they presented anyway) BMW GS apparently had marginal rear subframe sections. That Russian van thing is pretty awesome.

I thought it was cool Eve wanted to go.

Not sure if you can find it anywhere but Apple TV.

It defiantly helps to be Obi Wan when you travel! Watched them all except "long way around". The Rivians were very impressive as were the BMW electric cycles in "Long Way Up".

Let me get out my decoder ring to understand this post.

IMG_0336.jpg

It defiantly helps to be Obi Wan when you travel! Watched them all except "long way around". The Rivians were very impressive as were the BMW electric cycles in "Long Way Up".
I'm sure, was kinda funny no one recognized him at the star wars set.

"Tow Charging" is pretty awesome, wondering why the Livewires would not change from several places. Must have been pretty picky about the power source... no problem though, just call the semi with the huge generator..

Oh, and I actually thought Long Way Round was the best save for goat polo and shooting the bear... It also looked like the most genuine

Reactions: CKN
I'm sure, was kinda funny no one recognized him at the star wars set.

"Tow Charging" is pretty awesome, wondering why the Livewires would not change from several places. Must have been pretty picky about the power source... no problem though, just call the semi with the huge generator..

Oh, and I actually thought Long Way Round was the best save for goat polo and shooting the bear... It also looked like the most genuine
They tried to be "green" (Long way Up) but while the solar/battery setups people had in the "middle of no where" were impressive, the cycles were picky about what they could hook up to.

the solar/battery setups people had in the middle of no where" were impressive,

Yes they were, and a lot of that area was very green, solar, hydro and wind power for their places, the camp in the Andes was very impressive.

I guess Long way Up was right after Ewan's divorce was final so there was no mention of Eve, Charlie and Ollie are apparently still together, Eve went along for part of the Long Way Down. I'm sure she loved the cut of her falling down like 6 times in a row...

Last edited:
I remember Ewan being aggravated (in a joking way) that the little Russian bike was cutting right through the mud when their heavy BMW’s were bogging down. Claudio was quite impressed with the little machine. (Long way round)
I have “Long way round” and “Long way down” on DVD, but it’s been a while since I’ve watched them. Saw “Long way up” on Apple TV. I thoroughly enjoyed all of them.

Charlie Boorman has several series where he travels around the world. They’re all very entertaining as well.
Charlie Boorman seems to be a decent guy that is very down to earth.

Itchy Boots on Youtube. She is the real deal, unsupported and much nicer to look at.

I’ve watched her quite a bit, but it’s been a while. You’re right though, she is the real deal. She’s brave and adventurous.
I need to get caught up on her latest videos.

she seems have a real way with people. There was a crossing guard in Nigeria that tried to shake her down saying money over and over, Somehow her smile seemed to win him over, and he was not aware he was being filmed. His superiors found out and he was sacked. She seldom barters with them. She did pay too much to cross a river, but they got her across.

She eats local, sleeps local, this really helps the local economy. She is the real deal and well worth watching.

I remember Ewan being aggravated (in a joking way) that the little Russian bike was cutting right through the mud when their heavy BMW’s were bogging down. Claudio was quite impressed with the little machine. (Long way round)
I have “Long way round” and “Long way down” on DVD, but it’s been a while since I’ve watched them. Saw “Long way up” on Apple TV. I thoroughly enjoyed all of them.

Yup and it was pretty cheap IRRC, looked like a Honda Clone. They missed a good chance to buy him a Ural though...

Charlie Boorman has several series where he travels around the world. They’re all very entertaining as well.
Charlie Boorman seems to be a decent guy that is very down to earth.

I will have to look up the others, I like Charlie.

Back