Long time members - Posting slowly dropping off

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of people I miss. I am not really sure if Johnny is gone for good. Maybe he will come back or maybe he checks the website out but does not post anymore. But I considered Johnny one of the most interesting and useful members of this website. He had actually worked for Pennzoil. And his posts were really excellent. I do have a feeling that he will be back sooner or later.

Gary Allen was a really great poster with a lot of good information.

There was no comparing Bob's posts. They were classics. He did actual experiments on additives like Lucas and he shared some very interesting Private Messages with me. As far as I am concerned nobody will really be able to replace Bob.

There have been a lot of others. I even miss some of the people who are gone that I argued with a lot. The only ones I don't miss are those ones who were trying to promote that fake synthetic motor oil-Synlube.

In a week I'll be a BITOG member for 9 years! Wow.. where does the time go??

The board is much different now, but still an invaluable resource for things my inquiring mind wants to know.

Thanks to all who have or are participating.

Most enthusiast boards go through a cycle of great interest in the beginning, some permanent trolls come aboard, and "consensus" become aggravating . . plus there is a limit to what one might learn, in the end. More specific interests tend to have boards catering to a narrower focus (fuel economy, for example).

One can dig through an awful lot of threads to find something of actual value. I show back up to look around and to see what Doug Hillary has posted, and in re Cummins topics.

After a while, oil is oil. Tires are tires. As member #459 it's been a long while, and things change in one's life. Our national life is also different than it was ten years ago. And so on.

Last edited:
Quote:

After a while, oil is oil. Tires are tires.

haha. I was going to post about that; At one time I worried about additive clash etc, now I just pour whatever I have in my stash; mixing away. My last OC the mix was G-oil, M1 0W-20, Shaeffers 132 and Lube Control. I just don't care that much anymore....

What kills me are the people that show up, post 1500 times within their first month, and dish out "advice" that is 180 degrees wrong.

BITOG 2.0 just isn't fun any longer.

Originally Posted By: Greggy_D
What kills me are the people that show up, post 1500 times within their first month, and dish out "advice" that is 180 degrees wrong.

I think you get a bunch of that, regardless of the forum. (seen this a bunch of times)

Granted, I can post a bunch, but I came here as an open book, as I love to soak up the info here...on oil, or almost everything. You can never learn too much.
smile.gif

I try not to give out info that I'm not as knowledgeable about..

Originally Posted By: Greggy_D

Thankfully "most" of these people only ask 1500 questions (that have already been asked, sometimes very recently), rather than 1500 pieces of "advice".

This forum is still a great place although I do miss some posters who have left.

Doug is still around, as far as I know.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Just how many times can you answer the same question before you get bored out of your mind? I agree with css9450 - it's just a natural course of events on all internet forums. People move on to do other things eventually. BITOG is now almost 10 years old. That's an eternity when it comes to the Internet.
smile.gif

Wow has it been that long? It sure has, lots of changes over that time.

Someone from the board called me the other day to see where I went off too.

I guess I'm a lurker more than anything. Just don't have much to say about it much anymore. I guess the will to argue or get in another AMSOIL bashing thread has left me.

Kind of funny I'm an originaly member and only have 3300 posts and I see folks from 2009 and new with more. Wow.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: buster
Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
I miss steviec, john browning, Doug and johnny but to be honest I really miss Gary the most. He was an interesting guy to get in a conversation with, and a nice one too. I think about him every time I change my (oversized) oil filter. That would sound strange in any other setting.

bruce381, Motorbike....

I think the last time bruce posted something it was a UOA of synlube if I remember correctly. Having him on board along with Doug Hillary there was a lot of knowledge to tap. Now we get some bashing on Nextgen and the information provided why Nextgen is no good was suspect 5 years ago. At least we still have Mola for now.

Some boards have a secret section were the regulars can go, meet, and discuss what they want without interferance from ignorant posters. I know there is a special section for the mods. I have no access to any secret sections on this board.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Loobed

Some boards have a secret section were the regulars can go, meet, and discuss what they want without interferance from ignorant posters. I know there is a special section for the mods. I have no access to any secret sections on this board.

From your own comments, what conclusion can we draw? 8)

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts

banana2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
33.gif
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
You mean there's a BITOG grand lodge?

Yes, you must know the secret handshake and what camera Mori uses to get in.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts

banana2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
33.gif
grin2.gif

grin2.gif
crazy2.gif

So Pablo. Do you have access to the secret section.

Remember; There is no fight club.

Originally Posted By: TurboLuver
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
You mean there's a BITOG grand lodge?

Yes, you must know the secret handshake and what camera Mori uses to get in.

whistle.gif

Remember; There is no fight club.

The first rule of the BITOG Grand Lodge is you don't talk about the BITOG Grand Lodge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back