Long time members - Posting slowly dropping off

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it is all said and done there will be a few people who posted here who will be remembered for a long time. There will be a few members who probably had an influence on a lot of other members.

The original Bob I am sure will be remembered. I think Johnny will be remembered. And several others.

Who knows how long this website will be around? It could be gone next year. Or it could still be around 20 years from now with perhaps none of the original people still involved. The website could change completely in character.

But there are a few people who I will remember for a long time.

Unless this website should change in some disagreeable way, I am sticking it out to the end! I never have found a more interesting website for motor oil information, discussion about oil filters, etc.

Yep, if you want to find technical information that is not generally available to the general public then your best chance is finding a member here that has access to it and is willing to share it. I've found out things that wouldn't have been possible unless you worked for the manufacturer or a vendor.

It is fun to be on here, and I try to be quite a bit. Have been for about 10 years now...

But there are a bunch of trolls that are just plain annoying. Their kind has run off a lot of folks that once gave great info on here.

The folks who know a lot get tired of this stuff, and get tired of disagreements and dealing with others. Nobody is paid to use the site, it is really a place to socialize while talking a semi-technical area. When the technical gets diluted (not as in G&OT threads, which there are a ton of on any net forum), the same questions come back over and over (not due to fresh info, but rather refusal to search), and trolls act up, why spend the time anymore?

Originally Posted By: tig1
+1 on John Browning.

Yeah,same here! He helped me with many an Oldsmobile problem. SUPER smart guy!

2 thing that made me take break from site or not being active

you guys need to realise this, or never note this, but checking the site all the time or you cant go through the day without checking the site, you have an addiction problem. and it can created stress and grouchy post or rely or easy get mad and can created " fight over internet ". I found my self in this situation and in my life I dont like to be in addiction of anything, when ever I feel im addiction on anything, I IMMEDIATELY !!!! take action and take break. come back in a week or month, i came here to enjoy, on or off any time i want, not be stuck to it. or get mad or fight over internet over useless stuff
smile.gif

second this that made me inactive.

LIFE ! sometime life just throw you a problem or something that made you focus on it, and you dont have time to do anything else. Something happent to me few month ago and i take break from site for over 3+ month. and health, recently i went back to the gym after 2 year break, so work and go to the gym after work, gf and kid. then go sleep, dont have time for internet
smile.gif

mabe those old memember are taking break from the site or too busy for on their life, or health problem, cause you know be in front of computer all the time is not a healthy thing.

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
2 thing that made me take break from site or not being active

you guys need to realise this, or never note this, but checking the site all the time or you cant go through the day without checking the site, you have an addiction problem. and it can created stress and grouchy post or rely or easy get mad and can created " fight over internet ". I found my self in this situation and in my life I dont like to be in addiction of anything, when ever I feel im addiction on anything, I IMMEDIATELY !!!! take action and take break. come back in a week or month, i came here to enjoy, on or off any time i want, not be stuck to it. or get mad or fight over internet over useless stuff
smile.gif

second this that made me inactive.

LIFE ! sometime life just throw you a problem or something that made you focus on it, and you dont have time to do anything else. Something happent to me few month ago and i take break from site for over 3+ month. and health, recently i went back to the gym after 2 year break, so work and go to the gym after work, gf and kid. then go sleep, dont have time for internet
smile.gif

mabe those old memember are taking break from the site or too busy for on their life, or health problem, cause you know be in front of computer all the time is not a healthy thing.

+1

This!

Gee, Pablo, look how many posts you have here! And I thought I had a lot! Compared to you I have hardly even contributed.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
Gee, Pablo, look how many posts you have here! And I thought I had a lot! Compared to you I have hardly even contributed.

Yeah, he's the "post king" LOL!

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
The private detective that pays me say that I have to check in here as long as Pablo's posting here.

crazy.gif
shocked2.gif
grin2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

My post rate has really dropped off the last few years. Gary was gaining on me - I wanted him to pass me up. It's not like I set out to have a lot of posts, in fact, it kinda bugs me and is a little embarrassing.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
My post rate has really dropped off the last few years. Gary was gaining on me - I wanted him to pass me up. It's not like I set out to have a lot of posts, in fact, it kinda bugs me and is a little embarrassing.

Don't think I'd be worried-we know ya, and I'm sure people are going to catch up....

Hi VO,

Originally Posted By: virginoil
Its sad to say that some long time members are slowly no longer posting.

Have not seen any posts by Sprintman, Johnny, Bruce381, Pscholte etc for some time.

Pity. Hope that they are all well.

I'm at another "UBB threads" forum where we're experiencing the same problem.

I (we) think people tend to come and go -- it's just natural. Having said that you do have what i'd call some very healthy numbers in your "who's online" box. many many folks interested in your forum -- "web traffic." You'll likely have new members to replace the ones who've gone.

I'm tempted to argue that "you don't know how good you have it."

smile.gif

have a good day

I have permanently left multiple car, truck, motorcycle, gun, and political forums. The reason had nothing to do with other peoples opinions or posts about cars, trucks, motorcycles, or guns. It had to do with their useless and completely brain-dead opinions on politics and religion, and bully behavior.

If you don't want me here, here are several things that make me annoyed, and leave:

1) Post the phrase "Why all the hate on ....?" or "Why no love for....? I am not good at grammar, but those two phrases are worse than nails on a chalk board. I actually like the sound of nails on a chalk board.

2) Put a reference to Hitler or the Nazis in every post. Compare everything bad to either of those two, especially if it has nothing to do with them.

3) Claim you speak for everyone, and that "they" are out to get us, and we all have to join with you and help you save the world. You will of course be leading the way from your armchair.

4) Repeatedly post how you kicked everyone's butt, and that you are going to kick anyone's butt that disagrees with you. When someone confronts you about an incident when you ran from danger like a coward, threaten to kick their butt. Continuously talk about how tough you are and how you can "take it."

5) Whine in your post.

Last edited:
Well, the number of registered members here has increased to many thousands which certainly indicates the health of this website. When I came to this website there were only a little over one thousand members. So I can't claim to have been among the very first members but I came along when this website was still fairly new.

Originally Posted By: Loobed, edited by skate
I have permanently left multiple ... forums. It had to do with their useless and completely brain-dead opinions on politics and religion, and bully behavior.

If you don't want me here, here are several things that make me annoyed, and leave:

3) Claim you speak for everyone, and that "they" are out to get us, and we all have to join with you and help you save the world. You will of course be leading the way from your armchair.

4) Repeatedly post how you kicked everyone's butt, and that you are going to kick anyone's butt that disagrees with you. When someone confronts you about an incident when you ran from danger like a coward, threaten to kick their butt. Continuously talk about how tough you are and how you can "take it."

5) Whine in your post.

Love it!!!

Amen.

Originally Posted By: Loobed, edited by skate
5) Whine in your post.

When i was admin of five years i often wanted to name a particular discomfort said individual was having.

[salute smiley to Loobed]

Originally Posted By: Mystic
Well, the number of registered members here has increased to many thousands which certainly indicates the health of this website.

THANK YOU!!!

Quote:
I actually like the sound of nails on a chalk board.

I am with you loobed, and roofing nails in a coffee can as well.

I only wish more independent/consulting formulators would come on the board as well.

Independent/consulting formulators have more liberty to make public comments. Those who work for large companies cannot go on oil boards due to signing their life away to the large corporations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back