Long Term 5w-30 use in Honda 1.5t

After kicking it around for a while and with intelligent and reasoned logic from @kschachn as well as discussing it with both my service advisor and my Technician, going to make the switch from Mobil1 0w20 EP to Mobil1 5W-30 EP. Can't come up with any reason not to. Mobil1 doesn't publish HT/HS numbers but should be enough difference to effect long-term wear. Other than a tiny difference in mpg, can't see any downside. Cost is the same and should be able to safely extend OCI's to 4-5k.
Great choice. I highly doubt that you will even notice that difference in MPG.

I'm kinda' surprised both the service advisor and technician gave you green lights. Usually they go by the book.
Smart choice for that 1.5 engine. It really was your call and you made the right one.(y)

After kicking it around for a while and with intelligent and reasoned logic from @kschachn as well as discussing it with both my service advisor and my Technician, going to make the switch from Mobil1 0w20 EP to Mobil1 5W-30 EP. Can't come up with any reason not to. Mobil1 doesn't publish HT/HS numbers but should be enough difference to effect long-term wear. Other than a tiny difference in mpg, can't see any downside. Cost is the same and should be able to safely extend OCI's to 4-5k.
I can think of a reason not to use
M1 5w30.
M1 0w40 api sp.
In the last 7 years I’ve bought three Toyotas that specified XW20 that made it all the way from the dealership to home before Xw40 went in.
I’ve also switched my 2022 Acadia 3.6L to xW40, and to the horror of some members, drain the oil hot, wait until it stops dripping and pre fill the filter.

Back