List your personal top ten overrated musicians/ groups

Everyone I know who listens to classic radio around here just falls out laughing now at the mention of the bands Journey or Van Halen. Its like someone who owns or runs those stations must get a bonus for how many of those bands songs they play each day!
LOL When they play the top-of-the-hour sounder claiming themselves to be "Chicago's Aerosmith station".... I just think to myself, that's NOT a good thing to be!

Not long enough! :LOL:

goodfellows.gif

At least Jimi and Mick had some entertainment value.

I should have already listed Janis Joplin and Rod Steward. Truly terrible. Screeching wounded animals could make better "music"

Joe Cocker. Same. Awful.

Just not my cup of tea.
Janis Joplin could kill me with that stupid screech. Ugggh

So bad. So very.. she sounds as bad as a certain woman figure one step down from a old man as a leader looks...

Tommy Lee
Vince Neil
Ozzie Osborn

Sorry can't think of any others

Last edited:
I'm going to put my flame suit on and say: Dream Theater.

I enjoy them and listen to them regularly, my issue with it is I believe oftentimes their music is technical just for the sake of being technical. I mean, it's very impressive what these guys are capable of, but sometimes I find it to be too much. I think I would listen more if it were more melodic. That's just me, though.

I worked in the music business for 30 years. I’ve seen some pretty bad performances in my day. I’ve looked at all the names you guys have put on this list and I cannot agree with any of them tbh. There’s only one “musician” on my overrated list: The DJ

Back