LiquiMoly

What about Liqui moly oil saver? What do u guys think about that?
What part of a motor oil needs saving? Just like Lucas "Oil Stabilizer" which ads completely additive-free insanely heavy Group I bright stock to your fully formulated lubricant under the guise of "improvement" while it has tackifiers like chainsaw bar oil.

Oils are a fully formulated products, they do not need "help".

What if say you have a stash of non high mileage oil. Would adding oil saver effectively and safely make it a high mileage oil?

Without knowing how the additive alters the oil's chemistry, I'd bite the bullet on the stash and still buy the HM oil.

Liqui-Moly motor isn't bad, just not always worth the price. The times when L-M is worth it is for European cars with special requirements (VW 508/509, BMW 10w60, etc). Plenty of ACEA oils not otherwise available here.

They also make the only manual transmission suitable 75w90 GL4 you will find on the shelf of a US store. Napa can get any L-M product if your local store doesn't already have it in stock.

In most non-Euro cars, if you're at Napa anyway, just get their house brand oil that's on sale this month. For a few more days, Napa oil is on sale, including HM
$3.59/qt for Napa Synthetic HM
$2.89/qt for Napa HM (syn blend)

What if say you have a stash of non high mileage oil. Would adding oil saver effectively and safely make it a high mileage oil?

I'd just run the oil until I ran out then buy the HM stuff. Mind you, I'm one to fix leaks rather than try to bandaid them but I'd definitely be more inclined toward a purpose-blended lube if I was only allowed the option of that or an additive.

Liqui-Moly motor isn't bad, just not always worth the price. The times when L-M is worth it is for European cars with special requirements (VW 508/509, BMW 10w60, etc). Plenty of ACEA oils not otherwise available here.

They also make the only manual transmission suitable 75w90 GL4 you will find on the shelf of a US store. Napa can get any L-M product if your local store doesn't already have it in stock.

In most non-Euro cars, if you're at Napa anyway, just get their house brand oil that's on sale this month. For a few more days, Napa oil is on sale, including HM
$3.59/qt for Napa Synthetic HM
$2.89/qt for Napa HM (syn blend)
Made by Valvoline

I've used most Liqui Moly oil additives and I truly feel that they are not worth the money. Their motor oils alone are decent but stilll not worth the money. Probably their best additive is the fuel additive Jectron but it still wasn't as good as other fuel system cleaners such as Redline SI-1 or Amsoil PI.

I think I'm the only BITOGer that uses LM oils/additives and likes it..hahahahah. Most here will tell you you can get the same performance for less. I get mine at FCP Euro and use their 100% replacement guarantee so it costs me $21 USPS shipping in a flat rate box per oil change, that's cheaper than a M1/Castrol/whatever change for my car at Wallyworld so hard to argue with that. There really isn't anything special about it vs. the big oil brands.

I've used most Liqui Moly oil additives and I truly feel that they are not worth the money. Their motor oils alone are decent but stilll not worth the money. Probably their best additive is the fuel additive Jectron but it still wasn't as good as other fuel system cleaners such as Redline SI-1 or Amsoil PI.
When I read posts like this I think - quantify please. How do you quantify that Redline/Amsoil fuel additives were better?

Last edited:
Liqui Moly ist the most widely used brand in Germany. It is the "Best brand" for 10 years in a row at the Nr. 1 car magazine here.
Many friends and Co workers us it, nobody compalins, engines last forever.

It is something special? No. It´s just good, average quality oil. Is it worth high import prices? Doubtfull!

Theire additives are all good and work well. Trust them, they know what they doing.

Liqui Moly ist the most widely used brand in Germany. It is the "Best brand" for 10 years in a row at the Nr. 1 car magazine here.
Many friends and Co workers us it, nobody compalins, engines last forever.

It is something special? No. It´s just good, average quality oil. Is it worth high import prices? Doubtfull!

Theire additives are all good and work well. Trust them, they know what they doing.
The price is what kills it here on BITOG with 'Mericans, plain and simple. I just don't find that $65 oil change kit for my VWs is that expensive for something I do a few times a year but yes, it's more than a rebate-driven Wallyworld M1 change for sure. But FCP Euro's replacement deal bring it in-line/cheaper so there's that.

Back