Liqui Moly engine oil reliability

Hello , I am considering a box of Liqui Moly special tec aa 5w30 synthesis technolog, because I got good discount on it, but still wondering is this brand reliable in term of engine protection and long OCI , is it good engine oil that can be compared with amsoil or Valvoline etc.., in my experience it gives my engine quite and smooth running in winter, but is the engine smooth running all matter!, what is your experience with this brand , your opinions are highly appreciated .
thank you

Attachments

• AC7CA377-8EF0-465F-A642-C40A39DFC1C9.jpeg
    AC7CA377-8EF0-465F-A642-C40A39DFC1C9.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Liquimoly is ok, some of the botique oils are probably overall better, although the only real advantage to most botique oils is that you can go longer before changing, Liquimoly's motor oil ironically doesn't seem to contain and moly, and it usually runs on the more expensive side compared to any brand you can get off the shelf at Walmart or wherever reasonably priced oil is found in your locality. If you got it cheap, keep using it, it's a serviceable oil like any other synthetic you can get off the shelf, I just wouldn't recommend anyone to go out of their way to buy it at the inflated prices I usually see it for.

A few previous discussions:

Here is a recent thread on that same oil.

Oh wait.

Oh wait.
It was the firs time I used LM oil , now I am considering a purchase of a full box of it to be used in my cars , Hyundai Tucson and Toyota Corolla, what’s the issue!

So you used all five liters already?
Yes , currently those five liters are in my corolla , I consider now to use the full box of LM (5Lx4) , so I am asking about the reliability of this oil .

Last edited:

Oh wait.
🤣🤣🙈

Yes , currently those five liters are in my corolla , I consider now to use the full box of LM (5Lx4) , so I am asking about the reliability of this oil .
What do you mean by “reliability”? It’s as reliable as any other oil with the same approval or specification, but I’m not sure that’s how you’re defining the word.

It seems to me that everyone misunderstood my point here, my question was ( is LM good enough to be used in on constant basis in term of engine protection in long change interval ), is it reliable to switch from amsoil, Mobil to it, however thank you for your responses

It's a 1.8L Corolla motor it should last you a good long time as long as you keep the oil changed, Amsoil is really only necessary if you want to run super long drain intervals, if Mobil1 is cheaper than the Liqui Moly, I'd go with it.

Liqui moly is considered a high spec oil here in europe and as far as i know their approvals are really tested.

The only reason i dont buy them is that still most of their products are HC oils but they market it like real synthetics and also ask real syntethic prices.
(Not that their oil is bad)

Now they also sponser f1 i have a feeling that they are going in a direction where if you sponser motorsports, it will have to be a good oil idea. Like motul.

However who am i to blame them, they probably sell a lot of oil by doing this to the average high tier consumer and all is made in germany.

And what i also notice is that some of their oils are one size fits all oils and i dont really believe in that.

Example.
Bmw ll04 and mb 229.5 are most of time approved to together to certain oils.
However with liqui moly it sometimes is a whole array of manufacturers where it could be used on one oil.

However as i said i think they are good oils and have never heared something failing because of using LM oil.

Back