Liqui Moly Engine Motorspulung

It's hard to believe this stuff works this well. Has anyone tried it?

Used it in several of my vehicles many times, not to fix ticking/whatever issues like in the video but just as a preventitive "complete drain" product was all. Plenty of my posts here about it that were all likely locked, people banned, etc.

I would guess you're right. I've heard the best way to prevent it, is with frequent oil and filter changes. Also thicker oil in hot climates. (0W-40 instead of 5W-20).
Frequent oil and filter changes certainly won't hurt. ;) One thing for certain I would not run an xw-20 in that engine, just like I don't run a xw-20 in my 3.7L or 3.6L Jeeps, both have 5W20 stamped on the fill cap. Flame suit on.

Last edited:
Frequent oil and filter changes certainly won't hurt. ;) One thing for certain I would not run an xw-20 in that engine, just like I don't run a xw-20 in my 3.7L or 3.6L Jeeps, both have 5W20 stamped on the fill cap. Flame suit on.
All I've run thus far in my 5.7 HEMI is 5W-20 per the manual. But I'm going to switch it over to either 0W-40, or else 5W-40..... At least in the hotter Summer months. Thus far I have no, "ticking". But I only have 18,000 miles on it.

I'm pretty sure the 391 HEMI's all use a 0W-40. And their VVT / MDS systems are similar, if not identical to the 5.7, (351 ci.) HEMI's.

All I've run thus far in my 5.7 HEMI is 5W-20 per the manual. But I'm going to switch it over to either 0W-40, or else 5W-40..... At least in the hotter Summer months. Thus far I have no, "ticking". But I only have 18,000 miles on it.

I'm pretty sure the 391 HEMI's all use a 0W-40. And their VVT / MDS systems are similar, if not identical to the 5.7, (351 ci.) HEMI's.
Yep. I'd make the change and stick with it year round. But that's just me.

Back