Just ordered a HEPA filter for the MB, anyone try these?

like I said, my asthma conditions deminish (less caughing, gags, eyes runnin, phlem, blockd upper airway).
Is that what U mean?
You do what you have to do. If I had lung issues or allergies I'd use a HEPA filter for sure. I like activated carbon filters. Less stench in the tunnel, behind old Diesels, driving past carrion, or near the Frito Lay factory.

I just remember having to wear an N95 (HEPA) mask a couple years ago. I could still breathe just fine. Came out of the grocery store wearing it one day, took it off just before getting in the car, at that point I realized that a brush fire was burning nearby! I couldn't even smell the smoke while wearing it.
I'll venture to say a lot of northerners would have enjoyed that during the recent Canadian wildfire episodes.
I’m happy with the Fram TrueAir “N95” CAFs from Walmart. They don’t have it for every far but I like them far more than a “HEPA” or even a charcoal filter.

Ridiculous.

Without a cabin filter, your heater core and/or evaporator become filters. I know you've had older cars apart and seen it.
The primary point of a cabin filter is to prevent airborne particles from entering your nose and throat, which when you open a door or window becomes moot. That they keep the heater core and/or evaporator cleaner is just a byproduct.

is there a different micron size limit for air cleaner v cabin air?
Do size quotes ona box indicate tru ability?
What do folks think is needed for a real nose/throat/lung sufferer?

Just ordered one of these:
https://pureflowair.com/products/2024-gmc-canyon-cabin-air-filter-hepa-pc4211hx?currency=USD&variant=45517646659744&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&utm_attribute=DMPaidSearchGoogle&utm_term=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-cPf6vzegAMVbJxaBR1hcgmPEAQYBSABEgKpjvD_BwE

Supposed to be a "True" HEPA cabin air filter. I was a bit concerned that it may reduce the airflow though the A/C, but thought I'd find out for myself.
Looks like a good filter to me for $33.00. VERY easy to change on this car, but I'm sure the dealer would want $100.00 for a lesser filter

is there a different micron size limit for air cleaner v cabin air?
Do size quotes ona box indicate tru ability?
What do folks think is needed for a real nose/throat/lung sufferer?
Cabin air filters block particles 5 microns or larger. HEPA filters block 0.3 microns and larger. For blocking pollen you may not need a HEPA filter but for blocking mold spores you do.

JohnnyG said:
Just ordered one of these:
https://pureflowair.com/products/2024-gmc-canyon-cabin-air-filter-hepa-pc4211hx?currency=USD&variant=45517646659744&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&utm_attribute=DMPaidSearchGoogle&utm_term=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-cPf6vzegAMVbJxaBR1hcgmPEAQYBSABEgKpjvD_BwE

Supposed to be a "True" HEPA cabin air filter. I was a bit concerned that it may reduce the airflow though the A/C, but thought I'd find out for myself.
Looks like a good filter to me for $33.00. VERY easy to change on this car, but I'm sure the dealer would want $100.00 for a lesser filter

As it turned out, the filter that fit my car was NOT marked as a HEPA filter, two other versions of the filter (the ones with the cut off corners) were available as true HEPA. But id did have the multi layer construction with carbon filter. Still works very well.

https://pureflowair.com/products/20...r-filter-pc99164x?_pos=2&_sid=5429b85ce&_ss=r

I've never tried a HEPA cabin filter in any of my cars. That said, we sell HEPA cabin filters at work and nobody has ever returned one with a lack of airflow complaint so I think the issue might be overblown.

I did try to install one in my coworkers Infiniti but you kinda have to squish the filter to make it fit and the HEPA filter was too stiff. A cheaper, regular filter fit just fine so we returned the HEPA one.

Back