Just ordered a HEPA filter for the MB, anyone try these?

Just ordered one of these:
https://pureflowair.com/products/2024-gmc-canyon-cabin-air-filter-hepa-pc4211hx?currency=USD&variant=45517646659744&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&utm_attribute=DMPaidSearchGoogle&utm_term=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-cPf6vzegAMVbJxaBR1hcgmPEAQYBSABEgKpjvD_BwE

Supposed to be a "True" HEPA cabin air filter. I was a bit concerned that it may reduce the airflow though the A/C, but thought I'd find out for myself.
Looks like a good filter to me for $33.00. VERY easy to change on this car, but I'm sure the dealer would want $100.00 for a lesser filter.
Looks like overkill to me.. Just use one from Wal Mart or get the OEM one from the dealer....

I've tried a few before on the focus and cx5; as a smoker I didn't really notice a difference nor did it last longer. Changing out the filter often helped more but I'll still buy them if they're the same price as another brand name or OEM.

The HEPA filter will do what's advertised, but they severely restrict airflow. Amazon reviews of HEPA cabin filters are full of complaints on how the flow is restricted.

Instead, consider something like the Hengst Biofunctional filter, Mann FP, or Mahle Care Metix.

HEPA in a car is only worth it if you have severe allergies, or if you regularly drive someone who has severe allergies in that car.

I suppose Elon's HEPA filtration is nothing but BS too then. You know, the ones that can stand a "Military Grade Biological Attack"! :D
Anyway thanks for the feedback, I'll let you all know how it works out.

I don't know if Mann Frecious Plus, Mahle CareMetix etc are considered true 'HEPA' filters, but I use Mann FP on my GTI (it comes with it from factory, so called 'air care climatronic') and my Mini Cooper and I don't notice any issues with flow of them. If flow properties are a tad weaker I didn't notice it. I use to change them once a year.

Last edited:
I just remember having to wear an N95 (HEPA) mask a couple years ago. I could still breathe just fine. Came out of the grocery store wearing it one day, took it off just before getting in the car, at that point I realized that a brush fire was burning nearby! I couldn't even smell the smoke while wearing it.
I'll venture to say a lot of northerners would have enjoyed that during the recent Canadian wildfire episodes.

OK, received and installed my cabin air filter. Good news, no degradation in the airflow. In fact, might flow better than the China one I removed. (Microgard)
Bad news, not a true HEPA filter. They apparently don't make a true HEPA to fit this model.
All in all, I think this is an upgrade and I'm happy with the results.

What is this?

filter_9ba4f421-00f6-4ed9-a25f-cbff974a6f40.png

Back