Linglong Crosstour

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
If you put 70psi in using stock wheels (probably rated for 45-50), you should be arrested.

I am not running stock wheels and I have found that 60psi is the right amount when I haul the trailer. We now have about 20,000 miles logged with the pickup and trailer and everything has been outstanding. When I am not hauling, I run them at 42psi.

Tire wear is a little faster than top-shelf, high-dollar tires, but I am pleased so far.

My actual, legitimate complaint is braking performance with the increased size of the 34" tires.

But the Crosswinds on the Ram 1500, ML250 and the camper have exceeded my expectations in a very positive way.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited:
I have bought vehicles with Ling Longs.

Would personally not fit them to any vehicle.

Korean tyres like Nexen are only slightly more and deemed good enough for OE fitment on a brand new Kia.

Each to his own.

The biggest concern with Ling Longs was the lack of grip in the Wet.

Probably not such an issue if you live somewhere will little rain

Long Term Update..... The tires now have 35,000 miles on them and they are about 2/3'rds worn. I don't think I will have any trouble, safely getting 45k miles on them and I think that is darn good with all the towing we do.

Well, I really can't complain... the 275/65r20's will end up making just a tick over 42k miles.

WhrJmTP.jpg

I decided NOT to back with them, as they are now $180-$200 a tire.

I just took delivery of these dudes..... They have a 60K tread warranty...

qdr8Tk2.jpg

Well, I really can't complain... the 275/65r20's will end up making just a tick over 42k miles.

WhrJmTP.jpg

I decided NOT to back with them, as they are now $180-$200 a tire.

I just took delivery of these dudes..... They have a 60K tread warranty...

qdr8Tk2.jpg

The guys on the Jeep forums really like the Patagonia All Terrain tires. Those are some nice looking tires. How much a tire if you don't mind sharing?

The guys on the Jeep forums really like the Patagonia All Terrain tires. Those are some nice looking tires. How much a tire if you don't mind sharing?
$146 each for those big, 20" 34's from Walmart.Com.

Reactions: CKN
Originally Posted by jjjxlr8
Authorities Seize Shandong Linglong Tire Booth at SEMA

31 October 2012

United States: Federal marshals seized the display booth of Chinese tire maker Shandong Linglong Tire Co. at the SEMA Show, claiming its contents as partial repayment of a $26 million court judgment against the company. Jordan Fishman, CEO of Florida-based Tire Engineering and Distribution L.L.C., contacted the federal government and requested the Oct. 29 seizure. This was Fishman's first attempt to collect on the judgment against Shandong Linglong and Dubai-based tire distributor Al- Dobowi Tires Co. L.L.C. In a suit filed in October 2009 before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia in Alexandria, Va., Fishman accused Shandong Linglong and Al-Dobowi of conspiring with a former associate of Fishman's to steal Fishman's proprietary designs for underground mining tires. The jury in the Alexandria court ruled in Fishman's favor on all counts in July 2010 and levied the $26 million in damages. Shandong Linglong appealed, but a federal appeals court affirmed the lower court decision in June 2012. Before the raid, Shandong Linglong had not paid Fishman a penny of the judgment, according to August J. Matteis, Fishman's attorney and a partner in the Washington law firm of Weisbrod Matteis & Copley P.L.L.C. "They're taking the position that if we want the money, we have to come get it," Matteis said. The value of the booth and its contents-including tires, a computer and the booth itself-is not significant, Fishman said. But the raid was important is making a point, he said. "This is my way of telling them, ‘You don't understand that you're not going to get away with this,'" Fishman said. "'This is the U.S., not China.'" When Fishman confronted Shandong Linglong executives in 2005 about the theft of his designs, they laughed in his face, he claims. "They told me seven years ago that I was too old and not rich enough to beat them-that I would die before seeing a penny," according to Fishma. "Well, I'm still here, and I'm about to see my first penny from them. But I won't stop until I get every penny from these thieves." The contents of the booth will be sold at a sheriffs' auction, Matteis said.

Source: Executive News - Weekly Summary, October 30 - November 5, 2012; IHS Automotive/Rubber News

Chinese Company to Cooperate in ITC Patent Investigation

18 September 2013

United States: A Chinese tire company, Shandong Linglong Tire Co., said it will actively cooperate with the U.S. International Trade Commission's investigation of patent infringement, according to the Global Times. ITC recently announced it would investigate 22 tiremakers and tire importers following a patent infringement claim filed by Toyo Tire Holdings of America. Shandong Linglong Tire is one of seven Chinese tire companies named in the claim. A spokesman for the company said the incident might have been caused by its OEM business, and it has since suspended that business since Toyo filed the complaint. The spokesman told the Global Times that its OEM business involves clients providing blueprints and mold for the company from which the tiremaker produces tires. It is possible those blueprints and molds could have infringed upon Toyo's design patents, the spokesman said. If a patent violation has been found, the ITC will issue a ban on imports of the products involved.

Source: Executive News Summary - Weekly Summary, September 17-23, 2013; IHS Automotive/Tire Review

Both news items several years old................REALLY???
Yea not only that but it was a design/patent infringement lawsuit over underground mining tires, which I belive are slightly different from passenger tires.

Yea not only that but it was a design/patent infringement lawsuit over underground mining tires, which I belive are slightly different from passenger tires.

This goes back to 2012.........Do you guys want to go back further and tank about exploding gas tanks, unintended acceleration, etc. Just asking? OR-how about the Firestone tires on the Ford Explorers exploding?

Guys on here just can't stand the thought of a decent Chinese product, even tho that's where their under wear is coming from-or some other third world country.

This goes back to 2012.........Do you guys want to go back further and tank about exploding gas tanks, unintended acceleration, etc. Just asking? OR-how about the Firestone tires on the Ford Explorers exploding?

Guys on here just can't stand the thought of a decent Chinese product, even tho that's where their under wear is coming from-or some other third world country.
My point exactly. Never hear them complaing about their cinese made i phone or computers.

Actually, plenty of us complain about (and try and avoid as much as possible) that stuff.

Goodness..... $300 a tire for Michelin or $146 for Milestar Patagonia's...

Simple dang decision.

I like a free-market economy. I vote with my dollars.

Goodness..... $300 a tire for Michelin or $146 for Milestar Patagonia's...

Simple dang decision.

I like a free-market economy. I vote with my dollars.

I went with Continental on my most recent purchase, between them and the Michelin Defender LTX was a difficult decision but ultimately given how close the two ranked and the Continental being ~$700 less for the set, I decided to give them a try and have been quite impressed with them.

I also vote with my dollars, and use them to support companies that have to pay first world wages whenever possible. I appreciate the money I make and use it to support the people and businesses around me. We have the privilege of having Bryston as a local employer, who makes some of the finest home audio equipment in the world.

I've witnessed first-hand the impact of industry packing-up shop and going somewhere cheaper. We saw this with Outboard Marine, RAGU and most recently General Electric here locally and it has increased unemployment and the divide between those struggling and those doing more than just getting by. Folks that used to make good money at GM Oshawa or GE now having to commute huge distances or lose half their income to work a parts counter or Service desk.

Anyways, my earlier point was simply that some of us make the effort to not only think beyond the price tag, but act accordingly.

I went with Continental on my most recent purchase, between them and the Michelin Defender LTX was a difficult decision but ultimately given how close the two ranked and the Continental being ~$700 less for the set, I decided to give them a try and have been quite impressed with them.

I also vote with my dollars, and use them to support companies that have to pay first world wages whenever possible. I appreciate the money I make and use it to support the people and businesses around me. We have the privilege of having Bryston as a local employer, who makes some of the finest home audio equipment in the world.

I've witnessed first-hand the impact of industry packing-up shop and going somewhere cheaper. We saw this with Outboard Marine, RAGU and most recently General Electric here locally and it has increased unemployment and the divide between those struggling and those doing more than just getting by. Folks that used to make good money at GM Oshawa or GE now having to commute huge distances or lose half their income to work a parts counter or Service desk.

Anyways, my earlier point was simply that some of us make the effort to not only think beyond the price tag, but act accordingly.
And some of us don't care where the products come from we buy. I'm out for the best value/ price and not to change the world. I buy Nexen tires-to be honest I don't even know where they are made. The Roadian HP's in an XL rating gives me what I need for towing and light snow. ($632.00 set (4) installed at Discount tire 275/55/20).

And some of us don't care where the products come from we buy. I'm out for the best value/ price and not to change the world. I buy Nexen tires-to be honest I don't even know where they are made. The Roadian HP's in an XL rating gives me what I need for towing and light snow. ($632.00 set (4) installed at Discount tire 275/55/20).

And that's fine. As I said, I'm just point out that there are those of us that do, and shop accordingly, in response to these two statements:
My point exactly. Never hear them complaing about their cinese made i phone or computers.

Back