Lingenfelter & AMSOIL Strategic Partnership

AMSOIL products are now the “Official Lubricants of LPE.”
“The choice for us was performance based,” said Mark Rapson, COO/VP of Operations for Lingenfelter Performance Engineering. “The synergy from a technical standpoint is why we wanted to align ourselves with AMSOIL.

“During our R&D work, we began to experiment with and evaluate top oil brands to understand performance differences in given applications,” said Rapson. “We were surprised at the differing results and found that AMSOIL gave the best performance in our application. This led us to contact AMSOIL.

I feel that partnerships like this do wonders for Amsoil. They lend some credibility to a company that many feel is simply a MLM/Amway organization. Lingenfelter and Banks are two highly respected names and even Briggs & Stratton has partnered with Amsoil to produce a high performance racing oil for Kart racers. Kohler engines offers an extended-drain, 300 hour oil that is made specifically for them by Amsoil also. This is great news.

When I tell people I use Amsoil they just tell me to shut up and stop pushing that snake oil. When Gale Banks or Ken Lingenfelter say they recommend the products then people tend to listen.

I feel that partnerships like this do wonders for Amsoil. They lend some credibility to a company that many feel is simply a MLM/Amway organization. Lingenfelter and Banks are two highly respected names and even Briggs & Stratton has partnered with Amsoil to produce a high performance racing oil for Kart racers. Kohler engines offers an extended-drain, 300 hour oil that is made specifically for them by Amsoil also. This is great news.

When I tell people I use Amsoil they just tell me to shut up and stop pushing that snake oil. When Gale Banks or Ken Lingenfelter say they recommend the products then people tend to listen.
People on this board can be silly. I mean I don't mind people having an unscientific/human bias. But why go out of your way to make a hateful useless - actually nonsensical comment? I'm glad most are not like this!

I've been on this site since 2002. I've only seen Amsoil get better with time.

Last edited:

There's also a huge difference betwixt telling people what you use and actively shilling for them. Sad that the people you know can't understand that difference.

There's also a huge difference betwixt telling people what you use and actively shilling for them. Sad that the people you know can't understand that difference.
“During our R&D work, we began to experiment with and evaluate top oil brands to understand performance differences in given applications,” said Rapson. “We were surprised at the differing results and found that AMSOIL gave the best performance in our application. This led us to contact AMSOIL."

Last edited:
“During our R&D work, we began to experiment with and evaluate top oil brands to understand performance differences in given applications,” said Rapson. “We were surprised at the differing results and found that AMSOIL gave the best performance in our application. This led us to contact AMSOIL."
What does that have to do with what FowVay said to which I quoted him about people telling him to stop pushing snake oil? 🤨:unsure:

People on this board can be silly. I mean I don't mind people having an unscientific/human bias. But why go out of your way to make a hateful useless - actually nonsensical comment? I'm glad most are not like this!

I hear and see a lot of that flak towards Amsoil. It's almost always aimed at Amsoil's Pamphlet Regurgitation Association. They deem the products to be snake oil based solely on the MLM and rarely in review of the products themselves. They don't get as far as even trying the product because in their mind, the MLM is all the proof they need that it's a scam. That view is valid as the majority of MLMs these days are scams. I can't fault them for that mindset.

I've long felt if Amsoil did away with the MLM, they'd grab a larger market share. Some Amsoil dealers are knowledgeable in lubricants, run oil analysis, collect data, use that data to establish trends and intervals, engage with customers for their specific needs, etc... I regularly converse with a few of them. @Pablo is included among them. However, the vast majority of them just see it as a way to make a few extra bucks on the side and couldn't tell you anything beyond what they read on the pamphlet. Those are the ones who give Amsoil and the MLM a bad image as not only are they not knowledgeable in the product they're selling, nor have any desire for familiarization, they also have zero loyalty to Amsoil or their products.

Unfortunately, there are quite a few (customers of LPE) who will fallaciously judge this partnership in disdain based on their misconceived notions of Amsoil, thanks largely in part to the Pamphlet Regurgitation Association.

Last edited:
1711031866387.jpg

Back