Line Output Converters

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really can't go wrong with anything from AC. Lots of reviews on the car audio forums, people seem to love them.

I went cheap, because I had it lying around:

https://www.amazon.com/PAC-LP7-4-4-...BL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Not mine, but same basic unit in a new case. It's cheap, but it works. I'm only using 1 of the 4 channels, because mono. It doesn't require any 12v power to work, that's purely for the auto-sense remote turn on which I'm not using. Does it sound the best? I don't know. I don't have the equipment to test such things. Does it have plenty of volume and clarity, to my ear? Absolutely.

Your amp and sub are more important than the signal coming in, in my opinion.

Pac is the way to go

That being said, if you do this, you're risking introducing equalizers, high pass filters, as well as any additional noise that may come from the stock stereo

If you really want to get fancy, RF360.3

My 2 cents... Put in an aftermarket deck. There's a lot to be gained from swapping out an 8 year old stock radio

Originally Posted by SnowDrifter
Pac is the way to go

That being said, if you do this, you're risking introducing equalizers, high pass filters, as well as any additional noise that may come from the stock stereo

If you really want to get fancy, RF360.3

My 2 cents... Put in an aftermarket deck. There's a lot to be gained from swapping out an 8 year old stock radio

In my previous Escape, a 2008, that didn't come with Bluetooth or steering wheel controls, I installed an aftermarket head unit with no trouble - it went just fine just like the other more than a dozen stereo installs I've done. HOWEVER, on my 2010 Escape, I lose Ford Sync and steering wheel controls unless I buy some expensive module, and the line output converter is actually cheaper than that module - and that's not even including the cost of the head unit itself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back