Jeep radio got stolen... behold the cheapest replacement I could find!

Long story short, someone decided during the night that they needed the $58 Wish.com radio that was installed in my Jeep more than I did. Fine, it was a $60 deck (albeit a 7" flip out screen radio). I never used the screen for anything, so in keeping with the "budget" theme of this truck I scoured the interwebs looking for the cheapest 1-din, media only, Bluetooth capable radio I could find.

I present the winner, which is unfortunately no longer available: CA-10PRO Car Radio

When I ordered the unit last week it was showing as the last one available. Not Prime, but still free shipping and a price of... wait for it... $19.99. Up until stumbling across this unit deep in the search results, the cheapest radio I'd come across was in the $30-$40 range. Not bad, but lacking compared to this: no dot-matrix display, no remote, no USB cable included. Add in a couple bucks for the Metra radio adaptor harness, and I was in business for under $30.

I have to say, for $20 I'm rather impressed. This unit actually sounds better than the one it replaced, it came with an IR remote, and has 2 front USB ports: one for media, and a 2.1A charging port as well. On top of that, it came with a decent quality USB charge cable that terminates in 3 plugs: Micro USB, USB-C, and Lightning. Bluetooth connects extremely fast, within 5 seconds of the engine starting, and the connection has been rock solid. It's even got an app on the Play Store that allows adjusting of all the controls and settings from your phone, should you be so inclined.

Being as my Jeep has the Infinity audio system, the power output of whatever unit I chose didn't really matter. The factory amp handles all the crossover frequencies and amplification so anything that provides a signal will work. Sure, this radio has the most basic of EQ settings but that's all that I need. Bass, treble, balance and fader. The loudness setting is well tuned, on the last radio I would constantly have to adjust the bass up and down and the loudness on and off depending on what type of music was playing. Now, I just set the bass between -1 and +1, treble at +4/5, fade one notch to the front, and it sounds incredible. I'm running all stock speakers other than the dash mounted mid-tweeters, I replaced those with slightly upgraded units when I got the truck.

Moral of the story, even if it dies after a year I'm happy as a clam. Goes to show that when looking for basic, don't be afraid to go BASIC.

I got one of those $20 units for my 2wd 96 Ram. It had some horrid aftermarket thing with glory lights and red color, and the controls made no sense… and it didn’t have Bluetooth.

Fast forward, all installed, works great. No complaints. Sounds good through the 6x9 4-way speakers I installed.

Good luck with yours!

Owned a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Straight Six. Sold it to my brother who still, today has it as his DD. Miss that Jeep. Crazy that someone would Steal your radio from that vehicle…….but it is what it is……Best of Luck with your replacement.

Lol I have a WJ too. Limited with the V8. Trying to keep rust at bay in the rust belt. I recently replaced all speakers and installed a Pioneer unit from Crutchfield all pre-wired. Hopefully it doesn’t get stolen!

I got one of those $20 units for my 2wd 96 Ram. It had some horrid aftermarket thing with glory lights and red color, and the controls made no sense… and it didn’t have Bluetooth.
Yeah I had one of those that came with a saturn I flipped. It was stuck in "retail mode" I think.

This guy still meets the $20 price point.

Yeah I had one of those that came with a saturn I flipped. It was stuck in "retail mode" I think.

This guy still meets the $20 price point.
Yeah! The one that came in my 2wd Ram had a retail mode, and changing the strings was a pain.

The $20 cheap I swapped in is so simple and cheap there’s nothing to do. It works.

The Boss one that was being sold for a while even looks “close enough” to OEM…

This is why we can't have nice things.

I have a newer Pioneer and don't like the controls for AM/FM radio, everything else is okay. But it also doesnt scream STEAL ME so.. I dont know.

Back