Lets talk about new vehicles

I did have a spring go up my arse yesterday sitting in the outback.

Last time that happened to me was in a mid-50’s Chevy. On a new car? I thought springs were either flat or non existent these days?

As for the Chevy, we cut the spring and inserted a chunk of cushion into the seat and taped it closed.

@Zee09 You found a Ford dealer with inventory??? :unsure:

Arteon gets compared to the Stinger more than any other car. Makes no sense, they are aimed at different buyers and different uses. They only compare them because they look a little similar and cost about the same.

I was looking at Arteons last night, they are within a few thousand of Alfa Romeos. :oops:

Mavericks? Wow....

I was dead set on an Arteon for my next but when I discovered I could slide into a Jetta for an almost straight trade of my Passat I pounced. Cheap LOL.

Like VW the 2022 Alfas have been slow to show up but they are hear now. I'm not sure if a discount could be had on either brand in the current environment but I suspect a little may still be available, both the Giulia and Arteon don't exactly fly off lots. I've not seen either advertised anywhere with extra dealer mark up though so that's a good sign.

Mavericks? Wow....

I was dead set on an Arteon for my next but when I discovered I could slide into a Jetta for an almost straight trade of my Passat I pounced. Cheap LOL.

Like VW the 2022 Alfas have been slow to show up but they are hear now. I'm not sure if a discount could be had on either brand in the current environment but I suspect a little may still be available, both the Giulia and Arteon don't exactly fly off lots. I've not seen either advertised anywhere with extra dealer mark up though so that's a good sign.
I went to Car Gurus and put in for a new 2021 Arty and nationwide only 9 came up
And not good deals

Nope! (n)

Giulias are all at least 10k if not 15k more than what they were a year ago. I should have snapped one up when a low mileage minty Giulia could be had for 25k. But I was looking at Arteons also and was leaning going that direction. I minty low mileage Arteon FWD SE could be had for just over 20k then.

Where's the "beat head on wall" emoticon anyway. 😜

Nope! (n)

Giulias are all at least 10k if not 15k more than what they were a year ago. I should have snapped one up when a low mileage minty Giulia could be had for 25k. But I was looking at Arteons also and was leaning going that direction. I minty low mileage Arteon FWD SE could be had for just over 20k then.

Where's the "beat head on wall" emoticon anyway. 😜
This may turn around soon.
Not really sure.
Are cars now the thing to have?
If so VW does give you a good price and great mpg's

I've been in sedans for years but I'd find it a bit funny if the market suddenly dumps the trucks and SUVs everyone just had to have.

I've been in sedans for years but I'd find it a bit funny if the market suddenly dumps the trucks and SUVs everyone just had to have.
That could also be a profit ploy.
Last month they offered $25k and this month they knock you down to $21k and blame the gas prices but solely in an effort to cheat you $4k and load up the profits.

Lets get a E450 wagon...

2022-E-WAGON-HERO-MR.jpg

Bought two new vehicle this year. Found both on dealer websites on inventory coming in. I put a deposit down on both and got exactly what I wanted. A 2022 Ford 150 extended cab with 2.7 Ecoboost in Antimatter blue and a 2022 Toyota Highlander XLE in Blueprint. I lucked out both times and had them both within a month of going to the dealer.

This morning I saw a new Range Rover with temp tags pull into the grocery store lot right next to the cart return cage.....

Over a $100K. vehicle and you park there? I wouldn't park a 10 year old Corolla there...nuts.

That's the affluent, they don't care. Same thing at work, crazy expensive cars just whipped in elbow to elbow with the usual riff raff without a second thought. They usually get away with it, but can easily get it fixed if they don't.

Meanwhile I am uber paranoid about where I park my 21k Jetta. :p Although once you've been the victim of a door ding that ran over $1100 bucks your a bit gun shy so that's my excuse.

That's the affluent, they don't care. Same thing at work, crazy expensive cars just whipped in elbow to elbow with the usual riff raff without a second thought. They usually get away with it, but can easily get it fixed if they don't.

Meanwhile I am uber paranoid about where I park my 21k Jetta. :p Although once you've been the victim of a door ding that ran over $1100 bucks your a bit gun shy so that's my excuse.
Me too...

I saw one of the new Hyundai Santa Cruz in the wild the other day. It looked like a larger and updated Subaru Brat to me. Much closer to a Ridgeline than a Maverick IMO. The Maverick looks more like a truck than either of those two.

I saw one of the new Hyundai Santa Cruz in the wild the other day. It looked like a larger and updated Subaru Brat to me. Much closer to a Ridgeline than a Maverick IMO. The Maverick looks more like a truck than either of those two.
I saw a Maverick yesterday.
Seems to be the choice of the 60 year old lady crowd here. I like them too.

I think the Ridgeline pricing is an absolute joke... Crazy expensive.
If they could produce enough Mavericks, Honda would be in trouble

The Jetta SE has about the same exact interior bits as the Arteon..
Geez...I like the price of the S better though as that is about the cost of a full thank of gas these days.😂

@OVERKILL seems to think I would look dead sexy in a BMW...but I think when he and I go cruise chicks (nobody I ever knew who said chicks ever had a date..lol)

We would both look good with our shirts off and scars from throat to our arses...lol

Back