Lets talk about new vehicles

I really like the Arteon..
It is very comfortable and for me that has been a big issue.

This is an excellent cruiser and the mpg is stellar.

Nothing is perfect but for the money this is a solid ride. Very happy with it but VW is a new game for me. My first one.
I like it a lot but since I'm 95% in town it would be Jetta for me.

Plus the manual is available but I don't believe in the higher levels.
Check out the discount Manni-L

Screenshot_20211125-173449.jpg

I got 1k off on an S and an insane trade allowance, depends on the dealer.

Jetta is not the cruiser the Arteon is or even my Passat was, but its a great commuter and is still VW solid, it drives very nice. Gas mileage is nuts!

I got 1k off on an S and an insane trade allowance, depends on the dealer.

Jetta is not the cruiser the Arteon is or even my Passat was, but its a great commuter and is still VW solid, it drives very nice. Gas mileage is nuts!
I went to VW for a Passat.
But if you do the math $6500 off made the Arteon a steal.
That said I was loving the Jetta price and it is a bigger car these days.

I went to VW for a Passat.
But if you do the math $6500 off made the Arteon a steal.
That said I was loving the Jetta price and it is a bigger car these days.
Go back and read my review of my 2019 Jetta lease. Unabashed, honest, revealing professional review.
Far from perfect, but you pick your displeasure in this segment now that the old Kia Forte Koup and sedan is gone.
My VW dealer was blowing out GLI for 26K last fall, I Missed that boat.
But not really, I need AWD and I live on top of a bunny slope.
My Neighbor's kid has a used V8 Audi that sounds wicked; Makes a GT coyote sound like two subarus.
It has been picked up on a flat bed and carted away a couple times though already, though.

The auto stop start feature gets spastic in all but the simple intersection scenarios.

Next to the shifter you have the kill switch.. That makes it easy.

After owning many hybrids I am used to this feature but the VW stumbles unlike a hybrid. Many reasons why. If I did my 14 HR. Florida run I would not be bothered by it unless in heavy traffic.

20211126_084315_HDR.jpg

Next is the rear view camera.
Hi resolution and typical of most cars. But in the VW it remains on when you shift into drive.

You have an X to close it but later I see it goes away in about 30 seconds.

Not sure if this is adjustable in the menu settings but i will look sometime.

20211126_084433_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I really dislike the frameless doors.
I don't like it when the windows have to move when you close the doors.

I knew that going in of course as I had cars like this before. I think my LS Lincoln had those.

I do not like the complexity and wind noise they can create.
I'd rather have them spend more money on sound insulation etc.

The back up camera stays on to aid you with parallel parking. Clever Germans. As you've seen you can X it out if you want or ignore it and it will go away on it's own.

The frame less door windows were a problem on the CC (leaks) but they have whipped it on the Arteon. Like you still not my favorite approach but it does aid in the stunning appearance of the car so.....

The center console is like a bank vault. Very heavy and adjustable for height. Never saw one this robust in any vehicle... They should have made it lockable like the glove box.

For conversation and not a new toy tirade...lol

The Arteon is an unusual ride.
I never see the hood ever while driving...none zippo.
From my perch 😜 all I see is the top of the dash.
Sort of new to me.
Really not hard to park but it is different indeed.

Back