Let's talk about Conoco Phillips oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I decided to go with some MC 5w20 synblend in my focus and the girlfriends Chrysler 200. What's everyone's thoughts and opinions of the Conoco Phillips oils? Very tempted to get a case of Kendall synblend or even the UNION 76 oil from PSC

Thank you in advance

They are identical when going from label to label. I've spent some time studying the specs, and Kendall has the same specs as Union 76 and Phillips 66 and Conoco-branded oils. I think they are very good oils for the price, and wouldn't hesitate to run them. I mostly see the Kendall brand around here.

Thanks for the info A_Harman
smile.gif

Their oils appear to be very similar, with the exception being titanium in Kendall oils. I'm right now using Kendall full synthetic in my car and it's running great. I should have a UOA on it some time mid next year.

I don't know if it's still valid or not, but if you use the coupon code: COMEBACK10 it will take 10% off your order at PSC (not including shipping).

I don't think they are identical. My wife had a Mazda3 which I posted a UOA of. I ran Kendall 0W20 in it which had more titanium than other oils made by Conoco.

A hardware store in Buffalo, NY area used to have Kendall in stock all the time for good prices.

I have never seen it or trop arctic down here in Texas, only the motorcraft.

Yeah Merk I saw where you guys there have a good price on the UNION 76 oil. I think I'll give the MC 5w20 a shot

Conoco-Phillips uses Korean S-oil's Ultra-S Grp III oil for its synthetic base oil. How does the finished product compare to Pennzoil's GTL base oil?

http://baseoil.phillips66.com/EN/products/grp3_base_oils/Pages/index.aspx

"Using state-of-the-art all-hydroprocessed technology, S-Oil converts crude oil molecules into extremely pure colorless Ultra-S base oils that have a very high viscosity index and are virtually free of aromatics, polar compounds and sulfur."

Ford recommends them, so you know they are good.

Motorcraft synthetic blend & full synthetic have always been excellent oils from my experience. And the synthetic blend is very reasonably priced for its 60% synthetic content (Group III+)

I would use Motorcraft full synthetic but I can only get it from a dealer & the price is too high to be reasonable.

Motorcraft has a 60% synthetic syn blend ?? That's really a good deal if that right. I may well have to get that for the lady's Camry.

I've heard it from multiple BITOGers & the folks at my dealership said the same thing. I figured it has to be pretty good considering Ford's recommended OCI of up to 10,000. For a 10,000 interval, it would have to have a good poke of synthetic in it.

I believe you
smile.gif

Just surprised me a bit. Well knowing that I will buy some for the Camry. It's interesting that on the Motorcraft bottle it says it meets ILSAC GF-5 on it too. Going after other cars and buyers too. That's smart.

Don't forget Fram Full Synthetic oil by CP!

I've been using it for the past couple of years and no problems to report.

Just used the last jug from my stash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back