least miles for your year car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Often we hear of who has the most miles on their car with 200,000+ miles. Just wondering who has the least miles on your odometer for your particular year.

I'll start. 2002 VW Jetta GLS 2.0L. ~29,000 miles using Havoline synthetic 5W-40 and once a year oil change. Car driven once a week on weekends since I take the bus on weekdays. Still have original tires, battery, etc. On the other hand, front windshield got a small crack from the freeway. Most cars the same year probably has at least double my mileage. Wonder how long it will take to get to 100,000.

Last edited by a moderator:
1981 Buick Regal, built in 1980 - 128,000 miles.

I've owned it since April 1987. Bought with 66,990 miles.

That comes up to 2,900 miles a year since I've owned it.

I know someone with a '76 Vette with 27K miles. Another guy with a '66 that has 43K. Such low miles probbaly aren't as impressive on collector cars though.

I just posted this on the "How Long to 3000 Miles" thread: My mother (age 86) has a 2005 Cavalier (purchased new in 11-04) that has about 2,500 miles on the odo. Obviously, she doesn't drive much.

Before my Dad died last year, his '94 Ranger had almost 15,000 miles on it -- original. The odometer only shows 5 digits plus the tenths so people assume it's 100,000 more than the reading. In the time I've had it, I managed to put almost another 900 miles on it.

The engine compartment is so clean it's almost disgusting.
laugh.gif

My 98 Chevy S-10 ZR2 has 55k on it. owned it since new and it has been a great vehicle for what it is designed to do.

JMH

A barn find 69 Camaro that will probably show up for auction soon has 121 miles showing with flat original tires and original battery and all the marks of an absolutely original car. There's got to be a story there somewhere. I has the sticker on the side window and the temp registeration taped on the windshield and the keys have a white tag with a stock number on it and plastic seat covers and a white paper driver's side floor mat. This car was not driven very much and looks it.

Dang, makes my 2001 Dodge with 36,000 miles on it look like a high mileage truck. Bought new in Apr 2001. V-6, 5 speed "work truck." Use the car for most of my commuting. Use the truck for when I need a truck or as a spare.

Quote:

A barn find 69 Camaro that will probably show up for auction soon has 121 miles showing with flat original tires

Wow, depending what model...it could sniff the $100k range. Keep us informed.

I remember seeing an amazing 1979 F-150 on eBay with 900 original miles. It was dark blue, 4WD, and appeared to have been stored properly since the paint and everything was in perfect condition.

Not sure of exact model, approx 11 year old Vette a good friend owns has approx 1,200 miles. The title and registration (buddy does have a bill of sale) still show THE Jerry Lee Lewis as being the owner!!!!

Bob

I have a 1972 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 with 32,xxx miles. It has the F motor which is good, but not as good as the 2F. I havent driven it in years, not sure it counts.

Quote:

The odometer only shows 5 digits plus the tenths so people assume it's 100,000 more than the reading.

That's crazy -- how much more would it cost for a 6-digit odometer? Installing a 5-digit odometer suggests to me that the manufacturer didn't have much confidence in the long-term durability of his truck.

Quote:

Not sure of exact model, approx 11 year old Vette a good friend owns has approx 1,200 miles. The title and registration (buddy does have a bill of sale) still show THE Jerry Lee Lewis as being the owner!!!!

I once owned a 1970 Camaro originally bought by the legendary psychologist B.F. Skinner in Cambridge, MA.
cheers.gif

Bob

The Camaro is a Z28 and after checking the records a collector offered $150k which was turned down. The car is not going to be restored, just cleaned up. I've seen it several times and it is an absolute diamond in the rough. It has all the assembly line paint marks and even a mat in the trunk in perfect condition. The owner has been offerd $25k from a collector to just be offered the first chance to bid on the car if it's put up for sale with no guaranteed sale amount. One collector has offered money to be allowed to take pictures and document the car and that is being arranged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back